Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Crackling when I stand up.

AutomaticWaffle

I got my ProMedia 2 about 2 months ago and I really like the way it sounds, but ever since I got it there's been this little problem. The speakers crackle when I stand up from my desk chair. It reminds me of a creaky floorboard as you release weight from it.

Further details:

• The floor is a low-pile carpet.
  • My desk is the 'Fredde' from Ikea: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/fredde-gaming-desk-black-50219044/
  • I have the speakers resting on the shelf right above the main desk surface, with a monitor in between. My PC is on the left bottom shelf under the desk. My router is on the left side shelf.
  • My desk chair is a Secretlabs Titan (fabric): https://secretlab.co/collections/titan-series#titan_2020_softweave-black3
  • I tried plugging the speakers into my motherboard output, front panel audio, and the monitor pass-through. No difference.
  • I tried changing the power outlet the speakers are plugged into. I've tried changing and moving the power strip, and also a totally separate outlet from the computer.
  • I also tried moving cables around: I moved my router (it's on one of the side shelves of the desk) to be closer to my PC (it's on one of the low shelves under the desk) so the Ethernet and Coax cables don't cross over the speaker cables. It's hard to fully isolate the speaker cables when working on a desk with lots of devices.
  • I noticed that when I unplug the Aux input and leave the volume the same, there's still a faint amount of crackle, just much quieter.

It feels like a static electricity problem, but I don't know how to solve that. Any tips?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by AutomaticWaffle

• AutomaticWaffle changed the title to Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Crackling when I stand up.
  • 2 years later...