RP 6000F vs 8000f

Bubsa

Hi everyone,

My first post in this forum, I am not an audiophile hence needed help in cchoosing.My current setup I have been using definitive technology bp6 with a Yamaha rxv-2095 for the last 15+ years, the speakers have starting to sound bright and I need to change them badly. Have been reading reviews of the Rp-6000f when I was told to instead get the 8000F diff of about $200 Canadian. My room size is about 12x14ft so not too big. I love to listen to music loud. Please advice

Welcome to the forum!

Either model would get loud.

The 8000 should get loud a tad more efficiently.

Around here we used to say that bigger is better. Besides, you may have speakers in a larger room one day.

Others will say more.

Do  a search and you should find this question has been asked before.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks Billy for replying. I did do a brief audition of the 8000 and 5000. The store did not have the 6000. Honestly I preferred the 5000, having said that the AV receiver were different, this was not a listening room and the staff were more interested in offering me discounts. Will be trying another store this week

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bubsa said:

Thanks Billy for replying. I did do a brief audition of the 8000 and 5000. The store did not have the 6000. Honestly I preferred the 5000, having said that the AV receiver were different, this was not a listening room and the staff were more interested in offering me discounts. Will be trying another store this week

Your decision about which you prefer. Let us know if can help.

And, what you decide please.

Just now, Bubsa said:

As much as I loved reading about the 8000 am still skeptical about the size overpowering my small room

Was considering that also and 5he fact you like loud. The 5000 may do it for you also, since you may prefer after listening. Having a window or 

door helps with any pressurization. Guess it could get a little chilly. Having sales wanting to assist and keen on a deal, you look in decent shape.

1 minute ago, Bubsa said:

So to recap the 5000 would do good for my room size ? Sorry to confuse you then what about the 6000 which would give me a better bass response and overall a better BIGGER speaker ?

Keeping in mind that I have not heard, but have read about the models here, would say, thinking you will be happy with the 6000s. You may have considered or not a small subwoofer. If you can demo the 6000, cool.

I was at one point thinking of getting bookshelves and add a sub, changed my mind again after reading views that a floor standing sound is better fuller. Please correct me if I am wrong

I prefer floorstanders, and it gets into the minucia of opinions.

A pair of bookshelves with a zeroed in sub tweaked could quite possibly fool some in a blindfolded test of listeners.

Tradeoffs...

I am also very strongly leaning towards floor standers. Hopefully can do a demo on the speakers and make my decision soon. Can I please ask as was also looking at other names like the Elacs debut 2.0 f 6.2 and Svs prime towers. What would you recommend

• Like 1

I am also very strongly leaning towards floor standers. Hopefully can do a demo on the speakers and make my decision soon. Can I please ask as was also looking at other names like the Elacs debut 2.0 f 6.2 and Svs prime towers. What would you recommend

No opinion on the other brands.

What it may amount to is sorting your options, which you do have for the size of room. 

Placement in your room of speakers and listening position.

Price, if it comes into it. Advantage of smaller room to fill. Future setups or accessory.

Willingness of the seller to work with you. That is, trying a smaller, and return for a larger, without penalties.

• 1 month later...

Hey Everyone,

I ended up with a pair of RP5000's during Covid for about the same price as RPM600's.  I figured, no need to buy or deal with stands and they have a similar sound.  I paired with the $1K Stereophile recommended SVS sb3000 sub I already had. I used the 5000's to replace some higher end Infinity's (also Stereophile recommended), as I was looking for a more forward live sound. Total speaker cost for all was about $1700 in spring 2021 dollars.

I think this combo in my 12 x 12 x 10 foot high ceiling room with 1 door is hard to beat.  Sounds great!  I drool over way more expensive Klipches, and can afford to have (and have fond memories of) Cornwalls.  I just don't have the room for them to sing.

Sooo, If you have a small room and/or budget - some RP's and a decent sub will keep you smiling - at least for a while!

• 3 weeks later...