Good Upgrade?

erikcave

Thanks for all of your input.  I am picking up the speakers today for $300.  I am very excited.

Now I will turn my attention to my surrounds.  I am not too worried about them, but it would be nice to have a matching set.

I should also look at my Atmos height speakers.  I have just been using some computer satellite speakers mounted above the window behind my couch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, erikcave said:

Thanks for all of your input.  I am picking up the speakers today for $300.  I am very excited.

That's stealing.  Excellent deal, OP!

Now I will turn my attention to my surrounds.  I am not too worried about them, but it would be nice to have a matching set.

You are correct that you shouldn't be too worried about them.  Enjoy what you're getting right now and start saving.  By the time you start feeling the itch, you should have enough saved up for some great speakers.  Your front three are what you'll hear the most, so enjoy them for now!

Andre is correct (above - just posted) - the RS-35's are the designated match to the RF-35's.  However you should have a little wiggle room there up to the RS-62's if your budget eventually allows.  But I digress, enjoy for now - itch later.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, erikcave said:

I should also look at my Atmos height speakers.  I have just been using some computer satellite speakers mounted above the window behind my couch.

Glad you found a great deal! As for surrounds. I'd just wait for another good deal. They are so much less important than the front 3 for matching.

On 9/27/2021 at 11:16 AM, AndreG. said:

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

One possible candidate for surrounds:

https://2d73e25b29782b6d6766-9c8af5cbfef16739445bc76457060528.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/RS35_635042119301210000.pdf

These were sold to match Your RF35s , i think.

Will You share pictures of the set?

Here is a picture.  I have had a busy week and have just now got them in place.  I know they are too close to the wall.  I will be tuning their placement and EQ this weekend.  No one warned me how heavy these things are!

PXL_20210929_202439831.jpg

Edited by erikcave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, erikcave said:

Here is a picture.  I have had a busy week and have just now got them in place.  I know they are too close to the wall.  I will be tuning their placement and EQ this weekend.  No one warned me how heavy these things are!

PXL_20210929_202439831.jpg

Cool, glad you scored the deal right... enjoy!