Cornwalls-Nashville

chassell

If they sell for that price, it will establish a pretty good standard for pricing something that is more rare than Heresys, namely 1/3 of new, even though the Cornwall IV is a far superior speaker that only shares the same box dimensions and a woofer driver, and little else. Show you the power of the word "Klipsch Cornwall."

I definitely don’t see them getting that price, I may be wrong as people are asking $1000+ for heresy now. Heresy definitely can fit in a lot more rooms without taking up a ridiculous amount of floor space(waf) which I assume helps their value some, but geez! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Madman1 said:

I definitely don’t see them getting that price, I may be wrong as people are asking $1000+ for heresy now. Heresy definitely can fit in a lot more rooms without taking up a ridiculous amount of floor space(waf) which I assume helps their value some, but geez! 

Great timing on that comment BTW.... I see Cornwalls from time to time over here with an asking price around there and they sit for awhile. 

These things have had a ton of work done to them.  I'd guess they used Dark Walnut Danish Oil which only made the wounds on the tops stand out more.  Much better to use the natural (or just blo, turps, and spar varnish) at first to saturate the parts of the cabinet where the grain has been damaged because those areas will naturally take up more finish and if it has stain in it, they get dark and uneven like that.  Once the wood is no longer starved for finish, you can add a bit of color to even things out.  They also look to need several more coats as the gloss of the top coat is uneven and mostly absent. 

That veneer was cut off the the riser to make repairs elsewhere.  I'd want pics of those areas more so than where they robbed it from before I handed over $2k.

All in all not a terrible restoration though.