SS integrated suggestions for RB-75’s

mcp

I was recently fortunate enough to purchase a nice pair of RB-75’s. I had previously been using a vintage Onkyo A–809 integrated amplifier that was an excellent match with my KG4’s, but is less suited to the very revealing 75’s.

Can anyone who’s owned these speakers suggest an integrated amplifier (non vintage) that matches well with them? I’ve owned many tube amps in the past, but would like to stick to solid state for now. I am currently borrowing a Rega IO and it sounds fantastic. My only gripe is that the remote increases/decreases the volume too quickly which renders it unusable for these sensitive speakers. 
I would be interested in hearing from those with experience with the 75’s…

2 hours ago, mcp said:

I was recently fortunate enough to purchase a nice pair of RB-75’s.

Welcome to the club.

2 hours ago, mcp said:

Can anyone who’s owned these speakers suggest an integrated amplifier (non vintage) that matches well with them?

I am very pleased with the results I have been getting with my Yamaha A-S1000/CD-S1000 combo for the last 6 or so years.  Neutral tonally with great detail.  Very balanced from head to toe.

No sure what your budget is but I highly recommend any of these analog Yamaha integrated amps.  The A-S1000 is the "entry" level offering from the first generation of the tank-like all analog models.  They are dead quiet with uncanny ability to just let the music flow.

2 hours ago, mcp said:

I am currently borrowing a Rega IO and it sounds fantastic. My only gripe is that the remote increases/decreases the volume too quickly which renders it unusable for these sensitive speakers. 

The volume knob/remote volume button is very well designed and increases/decreases at a very manageable pace.  Also, the tone controls are the best I have ever used.

As mentioned, the A-S1000 is the lower tier of these integrateds so I can only imagine what the mid and upper levels would bring to the show.

Bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willland said:

Welcome to the club.

I am very pleased with the results I have been getting with my Yamaha A-S1000/CD-S1000 combo for the last 6 or so years.  Neutral tonally with great detail.  Very balanced from head to toe.

No sure what your budget is but I highly recommend any of these analog Yamaha integrated amps.  The A-S1000 is the "entry" level offering from the first generation of the tank-like all analog models.  They are dead quiet with uncanny ability to just let the music flow.

The volume knob/remote volume button is very well designed and increases/decreases at a very manageable pace.  Also, the tone controls are the best I have ever used.

As mentioned, the A-S1000 is the lower tier of these integrateds so I can only imagine what the mid and upper levels would bring to the show.

Bill

Thanks, I’ll take a look at the Yamahas.