Alan Eaton 45 Monos with Heresy

angelaudio

Very nice but it must be difficult for you to enjoy the sound of an amplifier. All that knowledge of the innards must cause a lot of placebo effects on ones judgements. I’d prefer to not think about it and avoid analysis paralysis. I come another industry of telescopes and optics. People think they can read this stuff and all the sudden believe they know what they’re doing. In the end, they don’t have a clue what they’re doing and you know why? Because understanding the behavior of optics is learned through many years of experience in various climates, altitudes, temperatures etc by observation. Now that everybody feels compelled to stick a camera their telescope, they know even less about optics.  Ignorance is bliss and I was much happier as a child.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Idontknow said:

Very nice but it must be difficult for you to enjoy the sound of an amplifier. All that knowledge of the innards must cause a lot of placebo effects on ones judgements. I’d prefer to not think about it and avoid analysis paralysis. I come another industry of telescopes and optics. People think they can read this stuff and all the sudden believe they know what they’re doing. In the end, they don’t have a clue what they’re doing and you know why? Because understanding the behavior of optics is learned through many years of experience in various climates, altitudes, temperatures etc by observation. Now that everybody feels compelled to stick a camera their telescope, they know even less about optics.  Ignorance is bliss and I was much happier as a child.

Yes it can be difficult at times but I do not always listen to the gear, if it is good enough for decent sound I can easily just get into listen to the music mode and not listen to the gear mode. It is the same as anyone into hifi that goes to someone else's house with mid-fi or worse and you still try and enjoy the music but in the back of your mind you know how it should sound and want to hear it on your own hifi system.

I am also a classically trained musician so that too has almost ruined music for me in a way, I am not only critical of the overall sound via gear or acoustics but I am also dissecting the musical movements and performances. Sometimes I do wish to remember being a kid and hearing my first hifi system or a good symphony and being mesmerized by it all thinking it was just magical. I wanted to learn as much about it as possible so the thirst for knowledge is immense! But to tell the truth, my hair still stands on end when hearing any good music on any piece of equipment so I know deep down I haven't lost the magic of it all. :)

Oh and don't get me wrong I would take the Alan Eaton 45 amp over the Decware any day of the week!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am new here and I am interested in Horn Speakers with Type 45 amplifiers.

Can anyone recommend some 45 amplifiers and horn speakers?

I currently have 300B monoblocks and Quad ESL63 speakers.

I do NOT listen loud and 80% of the music I listen to is Jazz and Classical.

Many thanks to all the great music lovers on this site!

On 12/27/2021 at 9:05 PM, nikonf said:

Hi,

Many thanks to all the great music lovers on this site!

I can recommend the Korneff 45 type amp with horn speakers, I been using one for years now. I also have a Decware UFO amp that sounds really terrific on my heavily modded Khorns!!!

• 2 months later...
On 9/16/2021 at 11:35 PM, angelaudio said:

Having had the fortunate opportunity to work with lots of tube amps and solid state amps, I had a chance to spend a few days with the Alan Eaton 45 integrated tube amp at 1.5 watts per channel and ended up buying the Alan Eaton 45 monos at 3 watts per channel (video links below). May not seem like much power but I'll tried to put matters into perspective. Everyone's room is different, so what works for me may not work for you. It amazes me how long people are waiting on Decware, yet have no idea about Alan Eaton's incredible work which was also discussed on the Glow in the Dark audio site . The main reason is because of the popularity of Steve Guttenberg's Decware Zen reviews combined with increased sales from the pandemic. Regardless, these monos are the finest amps I've ever used regardless of cost and they drive the Heresy beautifully!

Hi Angelaudio,

I just purchased a pair of Monos 45. Alan Eaton told me that this monos produce 2 wpc. Yes, I saw youtube mention 3wpc, but I'm more with Alan himself :) - Mate with my Heresy IV and they're a match made in heaven. On Hersy IV, it beats all other tube amps I currently have: Cary CAD-805 monos (50wpc), ARS Sonum (30wpc), TAD-60 with SET bias (10wpc), Atma-Sphere MA-1 OTL monos (100wpc). This monos 45 has zero volume at 12 o'clock position and max at 10 o'clock. I'm listening at 4 o'clock with satisfy sound level :) Very happy with my finding on this product - was on 1.5 year waiting list Decware SE84UFO2, cancelled it and jump on this 45 tube type

Edited by Thuan98
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the update. Glad you’re enjoying it. I recall Alan saying the monos were double the power of the single unit. That said though, I’m not a numbers guy and since it sounds great for us both, that’s wonderful. I had an issue with login because the forum doesn’t send emails to update or change password. So, I became idontknow. Thanks for sharing😊👍🏻

• 1 month later...

I have a Decware amp on order, but after viewing the YouTube review, I decided to order an Alan Eaton 45. It is not the mono , but is a dual chassis with the power supply on a separate chassis. I listen to La Scala's. The Alan Eaton is simply amazing! I'm extremely pleased thus far. I feel like I am hearing the source for the first time, whether it is my vinyl or a cd. The dynamics, clarity, soundstage, are improved above & beyond any previous amplification that I have experienced. 

• Like 2

On 3/28/2022 at 8:03 PM, Idontknow said:

Btw a year an a half wait for Decware! That’s stupidly absurd. He’s obviously bringing in enough business he should hire on a couple of more technicians.

He already has.  Perhaps you should keep up with their website.

On 12/27/2021 at 10:05 PM, nikonf said:

Hi,

Heresy IV ,  Cornwall IV - Lascala AL5 -even better  and more expensive  ,  Klipschorn AK-6---Heritage Jubilee -

3 hours ago, HonestDave said:

I have a Decware amp on order, but after viewing the YouTube review, I decided to order an Alan Eaton 45. It is not the mono , but is a dual chassis with the power supply on a separate chassis. I listen to La Scala's. The Alan Eaton is simply amazing! I'm extremely pleased thus far. I feel like I am hearing the source for the first time, whether it is my vinyl or a cd. The dynamics, clarity, soundstage, are improved above & beyond any previous amplification that I have experienced. 

Glad to hear this. How old are your LaScala’s?