Corner 4 Sub Placement Question

hobbyinn

Room is 16x30 with screen on short wall. I have four SPL-150s.  I would like to try one in each corner, but have a problem with one. The back right corner has a door on the side. I would have to move the back right speaker about 36" forward from the rear wall past the opening.  Thoughts regarding the rear placements?  

Before anyone makes the suggestions, I cannot do a front and back 25/75 placement due to a door and piano, and I cannot do one 50% on each wall due to a fireplace.  A miniDSP HD is in my future. 

Thanks.

subs.png

Edited by hobbyinn
Added diagram

In principle this shouldn't an issue, and might even work in your favour for cancelling room modes, but it could just as easily have the opposite effect. The MiniDSP HD will be an important addition to your setup so that you can time align and phase align the subs, however, just as important, or even more important, would be investing in a MiniDSP UMIK-1 USB calibrated mic or similar. This is so that you can measure your system using REW and integrate the subs with each other and with your system. This way you will be able to see exactly what the effect is of moving the sub to various positions in your room will be. It will be virtually impossible to guess what your room modes will be etc, especially with all those doors in your room and any other unique characteristics of your room.

Once you have a mic, you'll find many tutorials online for integrating 4 subs in a room, but if you don't find any, let us know and I'll find some for you.

But you can't go wrong with 4 subs, so you're already 95% of the way there... well done!

Brendon