YouTube TV.....

SWL

Yeah we're doing basic YouTube TV and for movies we use our Prime app.

I can't remember what I counted but YouTube TV basic was well over 100 channels. More than enough for us. All the channels we needed were in there.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, SWL said:

Yeah we're doing basic YouTube TV and for movies we use our Prime app.

I can't remember what I counted but YouTube TV basic was well over 100 channels. More than enough for us. All the channels we needed were in there.

can you view live sporing events on YouTube tv?

So as far as not having a last channel button.....I realized that when you're watching something just hit the down arrow and it shows all the recent channels you've watched with the one on the far left being the most recent.

Works for me.

I really am AMAZED at all of the free content on YouTube. For travelers sitting at home because of Covid it's a godsend. I have over a dozen livecams bookmarked with various daily walking, biking, and driver's eyeview of destinations with some being real-time and in 4k. :o I don't have to wear a mask visiting but some of those folks do. 😷

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well we've cut the cord now 100%. Returned the cable boxes yesterday.

YouTube TV has proven to be mostly reliable. It turns out that we don't have the highest speed internet. I thought we did. So in the next week or so we gotta return our modem/routers for the latest and greatest. It seemed like we just did that but it turns out that was three years ago already.

The only real issue we've had so far is buffering and the couple/few times that it has done it was in the evening. Is this common with you guys?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SWL said:

Well we've cut the cord now 100%. Returned the cable boxes yesterday.

YouTube TV has proven to be mostly reliable. It turns out that we don't have the highest speed internet. I thought we did. So in the next week or so we gotta return our modem/routers for the latest and greatest. It seemed like we just did that but it turns out that was three years ago already.

The only real issue we've had so far is buffering and the couple/few times that it has done it was in the evening. Is this common with you guys?

What is your download speed ?

Ours is 51.31 Mbps and don't get much buffering.
Yeah ours was real close to that when my wife checked it......but when she called Spectrum, they said we only had the second fastest speed. Buffering hasn't been a huge issue but when you're watching a game and the most critical play is about to take place and it starts buffering......I almost chucked the TV out the window.

If you do a search for bandwidth needed to stream HD content, I think you'll find that you have plenty.  Sounds to me like its their systems fault or youtube's and they're trying to shift the blame and up-sell you to the higher tier.  

On a side note, I get around 150mb download speed using ethernet cables and about 80mb on wifi.  Most of things I have at home are wired, from a couple of roku players, to Kodi streamers, to computers, to my Oppo blue-ray player.   

This is out of my league....but I'm considering it because all of the sudden we're relying on our WI-FI for so many things: YouTube TV on three tv's, Bluesound Node streamer, computers, phones and just yesterday I bought a digital clock that is connected to WI-FI. It's comparable to the Google Nest or whatever it's called. I bought it because now that our cable boxes are gone, the clocks that were on them are gone, too.

• Like 1

Read a while back at Cord Cutters that Roku took all YouTube stuff off of their download "app". I had deleted YouTubeTV when I had to switch the next season to follow the Hurricanes a couple years ago. Not sure if it will be available again with the bickering between all these entities the way it is.