Serial Number Decoding -

ksmontanza

8 hours ago, ksmontanza said:

I recently purchased a pair of Heresy Floor Standing Speakers with matching serial numbers. I wonder if anyone her can decode the serial number for me: 165Y572.

Cheers!

Heresy speaker made in 1983  ---it's the 164, 572th Heresy made up to that date -

I recently acquired a pair of Heresy II's. They are in rough shape. Only one speaker has a label. They look like the Wicked Witch of the West, but sound like Christy Brinkley.

Can someone decipher the label ? I am fairly new to all of this (plug and play guy) . My wife says I'm having to much fun wasting money. 

Klipsxh 9.20.21.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Morris Nix said:

My wife says I'm having to much fun wasting money. 

Ya have to start somewhere but on the up side she'll be listening too.  Oh she'll smile alright.  They're sneaky like that yanno!  PLENTY of info here to help you out.  Have fun but most of all ENJOY!  Welcome to the forum!   :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Morris Nix said:

I recently acquired a pair of Heresy II's. They are in rough shape. Only one speaker has a label. They look like the Wicked Witch of the West, but sound like Christy Brinkley.

Can someone decipher the label ? I am fairly new to all of this (plug and play guy) . My wife says I'm having to much fun wasting money. 

Klipsxh 9.20.21.jpeg

Born in 1985, and it is a "Heresy 2" because it appears to be a non-removable back panel (with no screws holding the panel in place).

• Like 2

On 9/20/2021 at 10:36 AM, Morris Nix said:

Klipsxh 9.20.21.jpeg

this is  a  sticker showing 1985 - correction made by @dwilawyer

• Moderators
8 hours ago, RandyH said:

this is  a  sticker showing 1985 as the 1st  first year of Production for the Heresy II  , however the serial number shows the 57 th week which lapses into the calendar year of 1986 ,  these speakers were   manufactured in February of 1986  -

I think @JRH Jim Hunter is going to be about the only one who can say for sure on these. Or, some folks with H 2 with known purchase dates with some S/N's so that reasonable interpolation can be undertaken.

I don't think they would go beyond 52nd week, it would go to new year and new week, but who knows.

9 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

5th week of of 1985, they didn't use a zero if weeks 1 to 9, just the single digit. This is why S/N only has 7 digits, not 8.

great -so ,  above 9 weeks  8 digits - under 10 weeks - 7 digits -