Klipsch Cinema 800 Problems

Tim1988

Bought a Klipsch Cinema 800 setup the other week. Sounds great. Real connectivity problem with a recently purchased Vizio M-Series TV that is giving me grief.

Regardless or whether I plug my external devices (Apple TV, etc.) into the Cinema 800 and use the HDMI out to the TV, or plug the devices into the TV's HDMI inputs and use HDMI Arc out to the soundbar, the Klipsch remote's volume adjustment *always*, I mean every single time, causes the Vizio to switch inputs to the Smartcast input. Nothing I have tried or found online helps. Disabling the TV's CEC feature doesn't help, different arrangements with how everything is plugged in doesn't help, TV firmware fully up to date...

Anybody else experiencing this? Really unfortunate because I'm probably going to return the Cinema 800 if I can't find a solution because it isn't worth the hassle.

• 4 months later...
On 9/19/2021 at 8:27 PM, Tim1988 said:

I'm probably going to return the Cinema 800 if I can't find a solution because it isn't worth the hassle.

If you haven't returned your Cinema 800, and for anyone else reading this, there is now a firmware update (version 4.9) that allows you to adjust most of the soundbar's settings from your smartphone using the Klipsch Connect app.