Congratulations dtel!

ssh

• Moderators

Well thank you all, but really I just help out, nothing special. But your right I am kind of a fan of the brand.

Tiny, no but I am on a diet and lost 20 so far and a bunch more to go, need to lose more to help to not get so worn out.......but I need to remember I'm 64 so there's that. :huh: 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well thank you all, but really I just help out, nothing special. But your right I am kind of a fan of the brand.

Tiny, no but I am on a diet and lost 20 so far and a bunch more to go, need to lose more to help to not get so worn out.......but I need to remember I'm 64 so there's that. :huh: 

64 today or yesterday right?  Happy Happy.

• Like 2

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I knew it was around now.  You're about a month and a half older than I am.  Happy Belated. 

Really, I thought you were younger, whatever your doing keep it up, it's working. At least were not as old as Tarheel, but he did make it we can only hope.

Then your about the same age as Craig.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, dtel said:

At least were not as old as Tarheel, but he did make it we can only hope.

Rumor has it Tarheel ranks among the 20 oldest living males. Older than dirt, younger than dust. But as a Nod to the Southern Gentleman, he looks darn good for his ranking. So he has that - 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/20/2021 at 3:00 PM, dtel said:

Well Thank you.

I am just a small part of all of this, many have helped to make this museum come true, I am just a very little part. (not in weight) :o

That makes me happy to think about that, being part of anything to do with Scott Yocum or the award in his Honor is a big deal to me and a privilege. Time spent working with Mr Yocum was way to short for me, I wish I could have had more time to get to know him better but it was fun. He would laugh, he wore a headband to help with sweat and I called him the karate Kid. Wish he could have been around much longer.

It's also big deal to me that they decided to pick me, it's not something I had ever thought about before finding out.  It was all about making a museum as best we can to honor PWK's story and history, he deserves that at the very least.

It was also all about having the chance to work with some really nice and fun people, I have to name Craig Strause since he is who is in charge of renovations and I work with everyday, and of course Karen Joy and Donna. And of course Jim Hunter, who if you don't know is a funny guy, you never know what Jim is going to say.

So many good people, like SSH, as nice of a person as you could meet, I still have that cigar you gave me from Mr Yocum that was intended to be smoked with you, it's in the china cabinet to remind me of him everytime I see it. Thank you.

Craig, you are the main reason I do whatever I can to help. Thank You.

And of course Chief Bonehead for many reasons, including all the respect he has for PWK and for just how he is as a person. Thank You.

I did have a couple rules

#1      I will not go under a house (spiders) and I don't want to die under a house in Hope with a old building causing it.

#2    No getting on the roof (3 storys high). I am old and have no ballerina skills, and gravity would get me, and also the dying thing. 

I'll drink to that !

beer-3167853_d8256_hd.jpeg

8d5b3faddb62964b244055e9b9a765f2_640x640

dscn31832.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, IB Slammin said:

Eldon you are still a youngster to me.  Congrats brother!

tc

Thank you, i thought were about the same age.

17 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

pretty sure it is eldEn

Yes but answer to anything, I know it's odd, should see my last name it's just as strange. Luquet,  even my teachers in school got it wrong, it's all good.

18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Although, legend has it that he is El don, aka The Don of South Mississippi.  Maybe The Godfather was modeled after him?  Who knows with guys that have legends. 

Not even close, if there was any legend connected it was not for good things way back then. 

3 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Congrats dtel! You work your butt off on that museum. A little recognition is a good thing.

We do but we also have fun, I'm just not good at being recognized, it's unconfertable, but also don't want to be rude and not thank people. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, richieb said:

Rumor has it Tarheel ranks among the 20 oldest living males. Older than dirt, younger than dust. But as a Nod to the Southern Gentleman, he looks darn good for his ranking. So he has that - 

He does not look his age, then there is the LF, we will subtract some years for pulling that off. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
That’s what I call him. El Don. Either that or sir!!

It’s Elden, unless you are Chief Bonehead.

He’s affectionately referred to as Elrod when we are in Arkansas. Someone up there gave him that nickname and it’s kind of stuck!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I hope he likes that nickname at least.

It really makes no difference to me, friends can call me anything, I just don't like cursing, I just don't do it, maby a few mild ones.  :blush:

25 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

That’s what I call him. El Don. Either that or sir!!

I forgot, yes you do say it like that, don't remember the sir but you know I don't always pay attention and then there is the half deaf thing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

I just don't like cursing, I just don't do it, maby a few mild ones.

nor do i.  they fall from my lips at time; but RARELY in front of others.  Actually, I think profanity is the most UNATTRACTIVE characteristic in a woman.  on my turn off list number one is cursing and a CLOSE number 2 is smoking. 

I think profanity is disrespectful in that it shows an unwillingness to communicate to the listener in a respectful manner. Makes me laugh to see someone using curse words while calling another dumb or uneducated and I want to say "yet you weren't smart enough to string together words that accurately reflect  your thoughts without using profanity and you're calling them dumb."  maybe that's why I have few friends?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

nor do i.  they fall from my lips at time; but RARELY in front of others.  Actually, I think profanity is the most UNATTRACTIVE characteristic in a woman.  on my turn off list number one is cursing and a CLOSE number 2 is smoking. 

I think profanity is disrespectful in that it shows an unwillingness to communicate to the listener in a respectful manner. Makes me laugh to see someone using curse words while calling another dumb or uneducated and I want to say "yet you weren't smart enough to string together words that accurately reflect  your thoughts without using profanity and you're calling them dumb."  maybe that's why I have few friends?

I read once that that men curse so that they don't  put their fist through drywall ????

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, IB Slammin said:

I read once that that men curse so that they don't  put their fist through drywall ????

Well that makes sense.

I will never forget when I first met you, it was in line for bbq on the back porch of the farmhouse in Hope at pilgrimage. Fini was even there from California, that was the year Trey pulled my name and I won some Cornwalls and Daddy Dee won some RF7's.

• Like 1