Congratulations dtel!

ssh

On 9/20/2021 at 11:59 AM, ssh said:

Jim's Dope From Hope recently announced that dtel is the recipient of the Scott Yocum Award, given for outstanding service to the museum. Congratulations, dtel! Scott is no doubt smiling on you.

Happy Birthday Too 🍻

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 7:19 PM, BigStewMan said:

Someone help me by tying my treatise to Elden somehow.  Does he sing? write music?  Please don't tell me he's a dancer.

Master “D” has disclaimed dancing. He plays a wicked cool living room system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Photos from this weekend.

Top photo is Elden in between Paula and Christy, I will let @ssh or @dtel's wife fill in the other members of the Yocum family. 

2nd and 3rd  photos are Elden being presented the Paula and Scott Yocum Membership Award.

Bottom photo is the Cornwall IV room with McIntosh tube preamp/Amp (275).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Thank you all.

The whole thing was overwhelming, I am not used to attention like this, I was very nervous to say the least.

Travis and Craig did a great job as did Paula and Lauren Yocum and family, I was very suprised they came I had no idea but glad they did it was really nice to see them again. Being part of something tied to Scott and Paula Yocum make it that much better, very nice people. I first worked with Scott and really liked him but did not know the rest of the family untill he had passed on, a very nice family and glad I am lucky enough to get to know them all.  

Earlier that day I told Craig I felt sick about this and he said get over it, it is going to happen. Being very nervous and standing in front of a bunch of people and having nice things said about me is not easy to do, even if I know them all and they are friends.

I really appreciate this, I had no idea and never expected it, just wanted to try to make a nice museum for PWK and for whoever visits.

There are many people who deserve this, I am just a small part, but really appreciate everyone even considering me in with all the people who also deserve this.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dtel said:

just wanted to try to make a nice museum for PWK and for whoever visits

Elden  ,   Both You  and your Partner have succeeded in making the Museum a Beautiful place even  if it took 14 hour trips , the building was quite in need of a refresh -

the before and after pictures are stunning , in terms of the renovations ,  but you kept at it and the Building is astonishingly no longer recognizable , as it looks so Grand ,  the results are truly Professional -    

I think it not only took hard work  and dedication but it also required  craftsmanship , art , finesse and experience   , to turn around an Old  house in it's former glory  into the Luxury house  that is deserving of PWK -

I would take off my shoes  before going in to that house  -it is Beautiful -

-Tx  Elden -

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, 001 said:

Elden  ,   Both You  and your Partner have succeeded in making the Museum a Beautiful place even  if it took 14 hour trips , the building was quite in need of a refresh -

Well thank you, I am just a part of it all.

Everyone there knows I am not a painter, I get it mostly on me and everything around me and sometimes where we want it. But I am getting better at touching up, I have alot of practice. It is exactly why I go to the museum in what I call pre painted clothes, we worked that day and I never changed, that shirt only has a little paint on it, for now.

It did need a refresh but mostly just cosmetic, clean, repair and repaint or refinish. But it overall is in good shape considering it is 100 years old this year.

11 hours ago, 001 said:

turn around an Old  house in it's former glory  into the Luxury house  that is deserving of PWK -

To us that is the goal, PWK deserves a nice museum, to create a product which is a luxury item in a small town and keep the company growing for over 75 years makes a great story and says alot about the man who did it all.  

• Like 2

Once again Elden congratulations.  In the 5-6 years (who's counting) since I've been in here I find it truly amazing how things have progressed.  Patience is a virtue and EVERYone that pitched in deserves a "solid."  lol

I often wonder what others think when they see something like this completed.  I'm sure there have been many favorable comments in the community. 

PWK's contribution to the economic impact of Hope is fantastic.  "Hope"fully corporate "gets it!"  It's just "home" to so many.

It's all on my bucket list someday.  One of those things where ya just spend a week or so nosin.  :)  Can't wait!

• Like 1