Matching loudspeakers

JoeHawkins

I recently purchased a Rotel RA-1572. Hooked up to it, for now, I got a set of RB-51 II and a SW-110. They sound pretty decent on it, but I always liked larger towers and was wondering about the RP-8000f or the 6000f.

Any suggestions?

my main source is a Fluance RT85 and I listen mainly to rock and metal.

20 minutes ago, JoeHawkins said:

I posted this specifically in this forum because I was told it’s my best bet. I guess I have to keep looking.

Go larger still,  look for RF7's,  Forte's, Chorus or the Cornwalls. Get the latest versions your budget allows. 👍

24 minutes ago, JoeHawkins said:

I posted this specifically in this forum because I was told it’s my best bet. I guess I have to keep looking.

Would definitely help to know your budget as well as the room characteristics.  With inquiries such as yours, the more info the better.

Lol, Say it aint so,  Joe.   😀 As said,  Budgets are a fact of life. No big whup.  What's the fun challenge is,  is getting the most for the dollars spent.  As Kiipsch speakers last for decades, keep a keen eye on the used market,  and look for the killer deal.      

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

Budget issues are a sad fact of life. I suggest you try and demo a pair of the 8000 and see what you think. They are quite good. If you are not adverse to preowned, the RF 7s do pop up.

I‘m pretty much set on these. Just wasn’t sure if I should go with 8000, I read their mid range isn’t as good and that the 6000 are better at that. The sub would cover the low end sufficient.  I like the way Klipsch speakers sound. But I always used denon amps before. Can’t audition since I got no places here to do that :(

10 minutes ago, JoeHawkins said:

I‘m pretty much set on these. Just wasn’t sure if I should go with 8000, I read their mid range isn’t as good and that the 6000 are better at that. The sub would cover the low end sufficient.  I like the way Klipsch speakers sound. But I always used denon amps before. Can’t audition since I got no places here to do that :(

Were it me, I would lean towards the 6000s. The Klipsch 6" drivers are very fast and pleasing to my ears. I have some of the older RB 61s (stand mount) and loved them in my room. I still use a pair as rears for my home theatre set up but may move them to my home office. If you plan on using a sub/subs, this may be the way to go. They are quite similar in most regards, with the 8000 digging a little lower. A sub makes that a moot point. Horn tweeter and two six inch mids coupled with a sub (try rolling them off at 60), will sound fantastic.

8 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

Were it me, I would lean towards the 6000s. The Klipsch 6" drivers are very fast and pleasing to my ears. I have some of the older RB 61s (stand mount) and loved them in my room. I still use a pair as rears for my home theatre set up but may move them to my home office. If you plan on using a sub/subs, this may be the way to go. They are quite similar in most regards, with the 8000 digging a little lower. A sub makes that a moot point. Horn tweeter and two six inch mids coupled with a sub (try rolling them off at 60), will sound fantastic.

Thank you, thatswhat I’ll do then. Might splurge on a wireless sub kit Igor the money saved. Any thoughts on those?

• Like 1

what is your location ?  are you looking for New or Used 

Rock-Metal --2 ideal speakers --- 2nd hand speakers  ...Chorus (  15 inch speakers ) -2nd ---the RF7 any series -

brand new ....RP-8000f ......... RF7 III B Stock  ( savings -minor defects )-

10 minutes ago, RandyH said:

what is your location ?  are you looking for New or Used 

Rock-Metal --2 ideal speakers --- 2nd hand speakers  ...Chorus (  15 inch speakers ) -2nd ---the RF7 any series -

brand new ....RP-8000f ......... RF7 III B Stock  ( savings -minor defects )-

I‘m in Canada, Manitoba 

I haven't heard anything negative. I take it you aren't in Winnipeg. I'm up in Yellowknife and ordered mine from Electronics For Less Canada out of Richmond Hill Ontario. Easy to deal with and free shipping. You will have a system that seriously punches above its price point. They can give you some advice.

5 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

I haven't heard anything negative. I take it you aren't in Winnipeg. I'm up in Yellowknife and ordered mine from Electronics For Less Canada out of Richmond Hill Ontario. Easy to deal with and free shipping. You will have a system that seriously punches above its price point. They can give you some advice.

I am getting mine from gibbys 

• Like 1