Matching loudspeakers

JoeHawkins

25 minutes ago, RandyH said:

what is your location ?  are you looking for New or Used 

Rock-Metal --2 ideal speakers --- 2nd hand speakers  ...Chorus (  15 inch speakers ) -2nd ---the RF7 any series -

brand new ....RP-8000f ......... RF7 III B Stock  ( savings -minor defects )-

I’ll have a look. Thank you

2 hours ago, JoeHawkins said:

I‘m in Canada, Manitoba 

ok , so that's quite different ---  prices tend to be higher in Canada   , Winnipeg is a Beautiful City, I go up that way for business at least 2x per year 

you can search for deals on speakers on KIJIJI , there is a great deal on klipsch speakers in Winnepeg as we speak -

1 minute ago, RandyH said:

ok , so that's quite different ---  prices tend to be higher in Canada   , Winnepeg is a Beautiful City, I go up that way for business at least 2x per year 

you can search for deals on speakers on KIJIJI , there is a great deal on klipsch speakers in Winnepeg as we speak -

I’ll have a look ;)

Let us know what you think, many folks like them. I have never heard a pair myself. If they don't turn your crank you still have option one. If you sort of like them, you could take your time and stumble into a pair of Heritage models. Klipsch speakers are built for the ages, 25 years is not an issue. They can also be upgraded with various replacement parts. There is a whole sub industry involved with this. Many say the Quartets sound like Heresies but with bass. Canuck Audio Mart is worth checking out as well. Good luck!

9 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

Let us know what you think, many folks like them. I have never heard a pair myself. If they don't turn your crank you still have option one. If you sort of like them, you could take your time and stumble into a pair of Heritage models. Klipsch speakers are built for the ages, 25 years is not an issue. They can also be upgraded with various replacement parts. There is a whole sub industry involved with this. Many say the Quartets sound like Heresies but with bass. Canuck Audio Mart is worth checking out as well. Good luck!

Awesome, thank you

1 hour ago, JoeHawkins said:

I am going to audition them and see, well, listen

the Quartet  ,  you could negotiate these speakers lower , the deal is on the 200$ pair of Synergy in Winnipeg  , I would grab these for 100-150$ in a heartbeat 

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

As Klipsch speakers last for decades, keep a keen eye on the used market,  and look for the killer deal.  

I am a huge fan of used Klipsch.  They are a reliable buy on the used market and if a component is out replacements can be found.

I owned the mighty Klipschorns at one point.  From 1979, paid $900.  I owned 1978 La Scala's.  $600.  Deals are out there.

IMG_3123.thumb.JPG.ae8af2c23ee2c2a6b0d991c51d6c32d4.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeHawkins said:

Awesome, thank you

If you like them - and I'm sure you will, I'd offer 750 and see where he goes. You will officially be going down the Klipsch rabbit hole at that point. It can become a lifetime addiction. Take heed upon what you enter as we say.

https://d2um2qdswy1tb0.cloudfront.net/product-specsheets/Quartet-Brochure.pdf

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, YK Thom said:

If you like them - and I'm sure you will, I'd offer 750 and see where he goes. You will officially be going down the Klipsch rabbit hole at that point. It can become a lifetime addiction. Take heed upon what you enter as we say.

Amen to that! My bank account is lucky that i don´t own a car... Spotted a pair of KG3s this morning, but too far away. A train ticket would make them too expensive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YK Thom said:
1 hour ago, YK Thom said:

I bought them :)

they sound fantastic. Just hooked them up to the rotel and , for the first time in my life, have a soundstage!   Yea baby!

16 minutes ago, JoeHawkins said:

Congratulations!!! I noticed that were off the site and wondered if you pulled the trigger. Welcome to the community and the madness.

Are they in good overall condition? If not they are real wood veneer and are very easy to restore. Rotel makes some very fine amps, should be good match up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

Congratulations!!! I noticed that were off the site and wondered if you pulled the trigger. Welcome to the community and the madness.

Are they in good overall condition? If not they are real wood veneer and are very easy to restore. Rotel makes some very fine amps, should be good match up.

They have just some slight rub off on one side of the one speaker. He had to use a flashlight to show me. I got them hooked up and placed in corners, roughly 12“ out and then toed in to where I sit. It’s phenomenal!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

Sounds like a good score. You will start noticing details music you never noticed before. The guys are going to want photos!

Unlike the 6000s you now have the midrange horn which is the real game changer.

I can tell already. Will take pictures when my room is the way I want it. Waiting on my chair and a couch

• Like 1

It takes a bit of noodling around to get things perfect. 1' can make a difference. A big woofer and large passive radiator means you don't need to rush out for a new sub anytime soon - if ever, depending on how you listen. Too bad there isn't a Blue Bomber game on this afternoon, your day would be complete!

8 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

It takes a bit of noodling around to get things perfect. 1' can make a difference. A big woofer and large passive radiator means you don't need to rush out for a new sub anytime soon - if ever, depending on how you listen. Too bad there isn't a Blue Bomber game on this afternoon, your day would be complete!

I looked at how he had it set up and copied it as good as I could. Hate to say it. Only bomber I cheer for is from Motörhead lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1