Klipsch Forte IV finish choices?

Onetechguy

Hi, Planning to order the new Forte IV’s but unsure of which finish to go with. I’m leaning towards the distressed oak or possibly the walnut for a nice vintage look. The black also looks nice but I have other Klipsch speakers in black and was thinking about trying something different for my 2 channel audio setup. The distressed ok he’s a rougher finish I’ve heard compared to the others. Any advice, comments on choosing colors? Thanks

• Moderators

Welcome to the Forum. I have seen both the distressed oak and the walnut, and both looked great in my opinion. I'm afraid I am not going to be much help here, both of those would work in my room and I would have a difficult time choosing. It would probably come down to a flip of a coin for me.

There are others here that will be able to give you some much more useful and practical advice.

Again, welcome. Looking forward to hearing what you eventually decide. 

2 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Welcome to the Forum. I have seen both the distressed oak and the walnut, and both looked great in my opinion. I'm afraid I am not going to be much help here, both of those would work in my room and I would have a difficult time choosing. It would probably come down to a flip of a coin for me.

There are others here that will be able to give you some much more useful and practical advice.

Again, welcome. Looking forward to hearing what you eventually decide. 

Thanks! It is a tough choice because they all do look good. 

• Like 1

My Forte 1s were light oak and still look brand new after 40 years of use by my father and me. I bought my IVs in cherry and also paid more to get a pair lambswool grills for them. When I received them they were very light in color but within a couple of weeks they turned much darker. My wife and I love them in our living room. Stunning!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve. said:

I went in thinking I would love the distressed oak...they were nice but I really liked the Cherry....I have had a number of walnut speakers so Cherry was a nice change and never show dust.   Any color you pick you will love them... awesome speakers

The cherry color on the Forte IVs is unlike I have ever seen. I like a lot of woods. Teak is my favorite but the Fortes in cherry are gorgeous. So rich looking and it’s a warm feel.

84CBB20C-C146-4824-863C-03D77007EC40_1_105_c.jpg

021DA988-9565-46BB-A16C-3562479F71C7.jpg

68521CFC-3128-4BE8-8B4B-1F9B00C7AAD8.jpg