Chorus I’s Woofer conundrum

Wkatsiotis

This is my first time using a forum so any reply is appreciated but I recently stumbled across a pair of chorus I’s going for $350 on Craigslist. The cabinets and grills all look perfect the only thing is that one woofer has a gash in it. I’ve found mixed opinions on whether the woofer should be replaced or if a proper reckoning kit even exists and I don’t know what to do. I want to just grab them before someone else does but I also don’t want to dig myself a hole of finding a way to get them back in shape. Any advice for a young klipsch enthusiast?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wkatsiotis said:

I recently stumbled across a pair of chorus I’s going for $350 on Craigslist. The cabinets and grills all look perfect the only thing is that one woofer has a gash in it.

Run, don't walk if they're still there

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Wkatsiotis said:

Thank you all for the replies. So I guess my big question is are these still a good deal if I include the cost of woofer replacement? And does that take away from the speakers intended sound?

If the cabinets and grills are in good shape then yes-- I have 3 extra pairs of k-48 woofers and new replacements are available from Klipsch the k-48-st

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Wkatsiotis said:

Would replacing just one of the woofers be noticeable in a stereo setup?

yes , and no   -

there were various versions of the K-48 / klipsch or Eminence  , to not be noticeable in a stereo setup , you would need to match the part numbers of the defective woofer  , with a used woofer , as well as the cone  design -

the  part numbers are printed on a tag that is glued to the side of the magnet  of the K-48 woofer -match it , and you should be fine -

2077554374254MeeK.JPGKlipsch Speaker K48 photo #1