KLF 20 upgrading

Axellfoxy

Hello everyone, I recently replaced the crossovers and the membrane of the two tweeters of my LEGEND KLF 20 with those of Bob Crites and after a few months of listening the impression is that the sound is much more detailed and refined, has anyone made this or other kinds of changes to these speakers?

• Like 1

Sorry can you explain why you are against ?
Just joking around. I have two pair of 30's that are are totally modded/upgraded. If you want to upgrade the components in your 20's go for it. You'll most likely be glad you did.

Biggest thing is to make sure your cabinets are solid.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Axellfoxy said:

the sound is much more detailed and refined,

Klipsch  manufactures a Titanium tweeter diaphragm  for the KLF-20  , it sounds equally more detailed and refined , if not superior to Aftermarkets -

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SWL said:

Just joking around. I have two pair of 30's that are are totally modded/upgraded. If you want to upgrade the components in your 20's go for it. You'll most likely be glad you did.

Biggest thing is to make sure your cabinets are solid.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

👍Yes,I red about the problems of the cabinets and I knocked the four sides and the top,no strange noise and I thinkthey are solid

22 minutes ago, billybob said:

Subject then to be good...

When I recently changed the crossover networks and the tweeter diaphragm I inspected carefully the inside of the cabinet,no signs of sagging of glued parts,the only thing I had to glue were the two rear reflex ducts

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Axellfoxy said:

When I recently changed the crossover networks and the tweeter diaphragm I inspected carefully the inside of the cabinet,no signs of sagging of glued parts,the only thing I had to glue were the two rear reflex ducts

Typlical having to reglue ports...

Cool enough...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, billybob said:

It wasn't every Klf...enjoy your time...

Yes I will do! 👍

In Italy the LEGEND KLF series unfortunately  was little sold compared to Heritage and underestimated by purist audiophiles because they  believed ,often without having listened to them ,that it was good only for home theater and could not even be compared to the Cornwall, reading on the USA forums instead I found many admirers of the LEGEND series. In my room (8,5 mt x 4.5 mt with speaker on the short side) I managed to make two Chorus II sound very good (great speakers but unfortunately they failed after a few years because the one who sold them to me had treated them rather badly and it was no longer worth repairing them) but unfortunately I did not get the same result with two Cornwall while the KLF 20 for my room seem to be perfect and with the Bob Crites crossover and tweeter upgrading they sound as detailed and refined as Cornwall,with all due respect to many Italian enthusiasts who continue to pay  used Cornwalls a price twice as for KLF😄

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Axellfoxy said:

Yes I will do! 👍

In Italy the LEGEND KLF series unfortunately  was little sold compared to Heritage and underestimated by purist audiophiles because they  believed ,often without having listened to them ,that it was good only for home theater and could not even be compared to the Cornwall

Yes the KLF line are very capable and good sounding speakers IMO my only criticism is how they seemingly cheaped out on just about every aspect of the design compared to the previous line which was the Chorus / Forte & Quartet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1