KLF 20 upgrading

Axellfoxy

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Yes the KLF line are very capable and good sounding speakers IMO my only criticism is how they seemingly cheaped out on just about every aspect of the design compared to the previous line which was the Chorus / Forte & Quartet. 

Sure,the Chorus  were built a little better than the Legend, I loved them and hope to find in Italy another used pair  to keep together with the KLF 20

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Lots of laughs, suppose alot of Klipsch listeners are being turned on.

My first listen was to the 30s..

You may be fortunate, glad you can say.

Welcome!

In the italian internet markets the Cornwall II, which if I'm not mistaken were discontinued before the LEGEND series was introduced, cannot be found for less than 2400/2600 euros the pair but the klf 20 or klf 30 can be found for 1200/1300 euros the pair, really crazy as a dominant trend can influence the choices of audiophiles 😄

• Like 2

However this is my setup:

Well tempered classic , Lyra clavis dc & step-up Useugi

cd player Accuphase dp 65

Tuner Revox B 261

Conrad Johnson ( pre PV9 & mv 52 power amp )

Line conditioner Mit Powerbar

Nordost norse & Acrolink cables

Speaker Klipsch KLF 20 with upgradated tweeter and crossover Bob Crites

IMG_1291.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, absolve2525 said:

My KLF30s and my buddy's KLF20s are solid with good bracing and no loose panels. I've read some version KLFs might need panels reglued. If yours are solid, then it sounds like you have a good pair. Enjoy! 

Yes,I will do!!!!Happy listening

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Axellfoxy said:

However this is my setup:

Well tempered classic , Lyra clavis dc & step-up Useugi

cd player Accuphase dp 65

Tuner Revox B 261

Conrad Johnson ( pre PV9 & mv 52 power amp )

Line conditioner Mit Powerbar

Nordost norse & Acrolink cables

Speaker Klipsch KLF 20 with upgradated tweeter and crossover Bob Crites

IMG_1291.JPG

Nice, but you NEED a large area rug on that floor badly. It will help tremendously. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Nice, but you NEED a large area rug on that floor badly. It will help tremendously. 

You're right and I tried to put one but  the sound seemed much less brilliant and I removed it maybe because the room is a tavern with very low ceilings

Just now, Axellfoxy said:

You're right and I tried to put one but  the sound seemed much less brilliant and I removed it maybe because the room is a tavern with very low ceilings

You are hearing reflections that are making things brighter.   Take the grilles off, pull the away from the back and side walls and toe them in sharp pointed at outer ear to get that crispness you seem to prefer.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Axellfoxy said:

Maybe I will try again but using a smaller one

Use a rug that covers as much of that tile as possible between the front of the speakers and your listening area.   If you can clap in the room and hear flutter echo, bad juju. I know in that room you will hear that.  Let your ears get used to what things SHOULD sound like. Those speakers are rear Ported.  If you like bright and crisp and are limited in placement, block one port in the rear at a time with a removable object such as a shirt towel or otherwise. Rear Ported Speakers are more fussy with placement. That and your room are fighting each other.  With my legacy audio focus speakers, I blocked both rear ports with foam and much preferred it that way. Bass was INSANE without doing so. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Use a rug that covers as much of that tile as possible between the front of the speakers and your listening area.   If you can clap in the room and hear flutter echo, bad juju. I know in that room you will hear that.  Let your ears get used to what things SHOULD sound like. Those speakers are rear Ported.  If you like bright and crisp and are limited in placement, block one port in the rear at a time with a removable object such as a shirt towel or otherwise. Rear Ported Speakers are more fussy with placement. That and your room are fighting each other.  With my legacy audio focus speakers, I blocked both rear ports with foam and much preferred it that way. Bass was INSANE without doing so. 

Many thanks, I will try to follow your suggestions and let you know