Lascala II replacement woofer

Shakeydeal

Pretty sure one of my new to me Lascala IIs needs a new woofer. There is a distinct rattle on lower acoustic bass notes and heavy synth bass lines. Nothing from the other speaker and switching speaker cables doesn't make it move. I have found K-33-E replacement woofers at the Speaker Exchange, link below. Can anyone confirm if this is the correct driver? A quick tutorial on removing the woofer would be appreciated too.

https://reconingspeakers.com/product/klipsch-k-33-e-woofer-121501/

YES it is but take bottom off and make sure the screws are not just loose. It also could be other stuff in the mid horn area rattling. Check all horn screws the crossover ,Mount..etc.   Then check that is not the side walls of bass horn by putting a wood bar clamp on the front of it. Then you might want to look at Crites he has them and better cast frame ones also. I got cast frame ones for Ks. 

Prices-Other Stuff | Critesspeakers.com

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

If the Crites cast frame woofers are indeed an upgrade, then I'll get a pair and replace both of them. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

I would get the Crites for sure a nice improvement IMO. The cast frames wont fit in the original LaScalas, I dont know about the LSIIs. I had the LSIIs for thirteen years really enjoyed them. I have a pair of originals now that I am fixing up.

6 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

Does anyone know if there is any difference in the older LS and the LS II in accessing the woofer? I may just try to check the screws first.

If I remember correctly there is no bottom plate the woofers come out of the back panel??

8 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Pretty sure one of my new to me Lascala IIs needs a new woofer. There is a distinct rattle on lower acoustic bass notes and heavy synth bass lines. Nothing from the other speaker and switching speaker cables doesn't make it move. I have found K-33-E replacement woofers at the Speaker Exchange, link below. Can anyone confirm if this is the correct driver? A quick tutorial on removing the woofer would be appreciated too.

https://reconingspeakers.com/product/klipsch-k-33-e-woofer-121501/

klipsch Part no 121501 is correct  the klipsch Parts  price was  around 220$ for a pair in 2019 -

Ok so I took it apart and tightened up the four screws. They weren’t tight, but not very loose either. So this is how the foam looked when I popped the trap door. Is this right? Two pieces wrapped around the basket and meeting at the back. Nothing else looked amiss. The woofers are very close to the side walls but not touching.

8AAEDBC1-D2C8-4BAF-9A15-41FAD9F357D2.jpeg

3 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

When I had that issue in an older pair of LA scalas, it was simply the woofer rubbing against the side walls in the dog house. Super super close to the side. 

you're an Ace 

2 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Glad to hear. That would have been disheartening to learn otherwise.  

thank you 

• Thanks 1