Lascala II replacement woofer

Shakeydeal

On 9/27/2021 at 8:44 PM, dtr20 said:

I would recommend doing that to the other speaker too

I took your advice and went into the other speaker yesterday. The screws in this one were almost the same as the other speaker. After tightening everything and getting it all back into place I am pretty sure the overall sound has improved also. The lower midrange seems less "chesty" and more open. More free of congestion. Glad I took the time to do them both.

Shakey

• Like 1

15 hours ago, billybob said:

So the motorboard is wood, as opposed to MDF if no visible t-nuts?

one would think so , but there is a work-around ,  klipsch pre-drill pilot holes instead of  using T-Nuts and they can use machine screws, rather than wood screws -

Check the video   between  2min35 sec and 2min50 sec ,  

• Like 1

I have a question...maybe dumb but I'll ask anyways.

Why does the LaScala have an issue with bass? Never heard any so I must go on what I hear. Is it a physical limitation or simply the way the speaker was/is designed?

BTW I think many people overplay bass. The music I hear is clouded and muddied by the amount many dial into it.

9 minutes ago, geezin' said:

I have a question...maybe dumb but I'll ask anyways.

Why does the LaScala have an issue with bass? Never heard any so I must go on what I hear. Is it a physical limitation or simply the way the speaker was/is designed?

BTW I think many people overplay bass. The music I hear is clouded and muddied by the amount many dial into it.

The folded horn isn't long enough (ala khorn) to produce bass below 50 hz or so. That said, the bass the LS II produces on it's own is very respectable. More than what I was expecting after having heard the original version some years ago.