SOLD La Scalas in Minnesota

Terrier

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ele/d/cohasset-klipsch-la-scala-speakers/7385766968.html

Why selling? We are moving to a different lake home and she-who-must-be-obeyed has decreed that "those giant speakers are not coming with us." So my loss is your gain. I would take a similarly nice pair of walnut Heresys in partial trade. Heresys are the new size limit.

Edited by Terrier
  • Like 2

• Terrier changed the title to FS La Scalas in Minnesota
15 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Make sure you get rid of something really big of hers that she likes.

Actually it's not a big deal. The new living room will have bifold floor-to-celing doors on two sides, so 180 deg of view.  The La Scalas would significantly block that (expensive) view, so I agree that they are not the right choice.  Also, we are at an age where our high frequency hearing has faded, so spectacular tweeters are wasted on us.  So size and sound of Heresys or Kg4s will be just fine.  I had Heresys there before the burglary and they were nice.  I just got a deal on some black Kg4s as an experiment and have them set up in our city living room and they are pretty impressive too.  So I'll be happy with the smaller boxes I'm sure.  Looking for walnut or oak Heresys before we move next summer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

I have a pair of 1980 Heresys with the highly coveted soldered lug K-55V midranges.  Raw birch that has a nice medium stain that was applied.

Send me a private message if you're interested.

Newbie can't PM.  I'd be interested in a photo or two but generally looking for oak or walnut.  I'm not sure I've seen any stained birch.  commercialpilot + zero + one at the search company's mail service.

1 hour ago, Terrier said:

Newbie can't PM.  I'd be interested in a photo or two but generally looking for oak or walnut.  I'm not sure I've seen any stained birch.  commercialpilot + zero + one at the search company's mail service.

I sent you a PM.  You should be able to reply to it even as a new member.

• Terrier changed the title to SOLD La Scalas in Minnesota