Jubilee - Style Cabinets for Sale in Connecticut - EPILOGUE

PrestonTom

6 minutes ago, Delicious2 said:

I read this through a couple of times but didn’t find the basic measurements of the speakers.

“cabinets” are composed of three modules: upper bass bin (about 21 tall by 41 wide and 24 deep), tweeter cabinet (26 tall x 43 wide x  25 deep) the lower bass bin is the same as the upper but is 22 tall (incorporates a base). The Tweeter cabinet is attached to each bass bin via 4 small  nuts/bolts (probably 8-32s with washers and nuts). The top and bottom outsides of the tweeter cabinet have inserts to plug the access hatch of the adjacent bass bin and surrounded by a sheet of neoprene to serve as the airtight gasket.

My guess is that each bass bin weighs about 125 lbs ( I used MDF to get the extra density relative to plywood – this also resulted in heavier cabinets). The tweeter plywood cabinet with the JBL driver and K-402 horn and stand probably weighs about 100lbs (the JBL driver is essentially a huge 30 lb magnet). So my guess is that each side (without cosmetics) is about 325 lbs, but it might be 350 lbs (these are guesstimates on my part).

37 minutes ago, Delicious2 said:

I read this through a couple of times but didn’t find the basic measurements of the speakers.

Someone was kind enough to post the dimensions of the "three modules". 

If you are trying to get an idea of how far do they stick out into the room. If they are snug into the corner, the face of the grille is about 33 inches from the room's corner. If they are snug to a single wall, then the face of the grille is about 28 inches from the wall. Roughly, think of a Klipschorn (approximately). If it is helpful, the two photos I showed are in rooms of either 11 ft width or 12 ft width. Since the K-402 is good at controlling the dispersion, it is actually the case that a big horn can do better in a small room since the off-axis dispersion is better controlled (helping attenuate the first reflections from the adjacent walls) The effect is actually fairly pronounced. Although not done simultaneously, I have listened and enjoyed both Klipschorns and Jubilees set up up in the living room (the room withe the red drapes). Subjectively (and consistent with what one would glean from Roy's measures of the K-402), any early reflections from the Jubilee did not sound problematic. I became a believer. 

C'mon and drink the Kool Aid ....

• Haha 3

How are the fall colors up there next week? I'm was the first Digital Photographer in Michigan for a reason, like I was the first to own a CD player when Sony beat Philips to the market with a full 16-bit D/A converter. 

It would all have to fit on the back of my 2007 Trailblazer with the rear sets folded down, as I don't want to haul the trailer that far. I'd have to go through Cleveland, ohio instead of through Ontario, Canada.

Time to get out the tape measure and calcultor to put a check in another box. So far, so good...................

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Do you have a photo of the "passive pre amp?" At least, name and brand? A lot of pondering going on, since I just bought another house today.....................and Yes, I have the money and the transportation.

Buy them. Perfect for you. You miss your old Jube Clones. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fido said:

Claude just pony up the $$$ and gas up the Trailblazer and hit the road - you know you want them and its a great deal.

For you its pocket change or just another expensive lens

This is a fantastic deal.  Just the 402s and stock drivers are 2800 shipped right now for anyone on the fence.   Don't think, buy. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fido said:

For you its pocket change or just another expensive lens

I wish. I don't buy expensive lenses. I  also don't have a gorgeous, younger wife, who brings home the bacon, and buys you lenses while you're swapping tubes on your 2 channel system! Lucky man your are.

But You and your wife must experience and all-horn system at some point in your life, with tubes, of course. You will never be the same after that. I'm only 1 year away from poverty level, but no debts. Too much money in gear I've accumulated. All good stuff, but it's gotta go to better homes than mine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Westcoastdrums said:

If the shipping charges werent insane, I would have bought already.  You kids that are in any proximity are lucky. 

Takes one to know one. Plus, you CA dudes have 10% of the US population in your state. Based on pure statistical distribution, you can more good, used stuff, in your state, now the East Coast has you on that!

9 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Takes one to know one. Plus, you CA dudes have 10% of the US population in your state. Based on pure statistical distribution, you can more good, used stuff, in your state, now the East Coast has you on that!

No way. The prices here are SKY HIGH on used gear. I can buy next to your house and sell for double here.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Do you have a photo of the "passive pre amp?" At least, name and brand? A lot of pondering going on, since I just bought another house today.....................and Yes, I have the money and the transportation.

The "passive pre-amp" is nothing special. Just 6 channels of a 10 or 12K potentiometer (probably an Alps from long ago). housed in a metal box I had salvaged. Very much a homemade affair, but it is tossed in for free if you buy the Behringer DCX along with the Jubilees. 

Guys, I know the intentions are good, but I think this thread is straying off course and I am getting concerned. Let's keep it focused on the topic at hand. 

As of Saturday morning (10/9) I have no PMs with updated offers.

If you are interested, please include the following in your offer: 1) Audition - when and how, 2) Purchase - when and how, 3) Pickup - when and how will you get them from my house to their new (and loving) home. 

Of course, this is a first come, first served sale. 

For any additional photos, measures, or questions. I will post the answers (if appropriate) in this thread.

Good luck,

-Tom

3 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I wish. I don't buy expensive lenses. I  also don't have a gorgeous, younger wife, who brings home the bacon, and buys you lenses while you're swapping tubes on your 2 channel system! Lucky man your are.

But You and your wife must experience and all-horn system at some point in your life, with tubes, of course. You will never be the same after that. I'm only 1 year away from poverty level, but no debts. Too much money in gear I've accumulated. All good stuff, but it's gotta go to better homes than mine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

Let me be tactful (if that is possible for me). This is a Garage Sale thread. Perhaps we can clean up the off-topic stuff. I am interested in a good home for the Jubilees. I truly believe these are a great value. They need a good home

-Tom

Tom , quick question , I guess no one has asked ,do you have a picture of these speakers with the k402 on top 

• Sad 1

• PrestonTom changed the title to Jubilee - Style Cabinets for Sale in Connecticut - EPILOGUE