Jubilee - Style Cabinets for Sale in Connecticut - EPILOGUE

PrestonTom

32 minutes ago, RandyH said:

Tom , quick question , I guess no one has asked ,do you have a picture of these speakers with the k402 on top 

There is a picture somewhere, but in that configuration (tweeter - woofer - woofer), there was no tweeter cabinet or grille  or side panels. So I did not post it since some may get confused about what is being advertised and sold. It looks like what you would imagine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrestonTom said:

There is a picture somewhere, but in that configuration (tweeter - woofer - woofer),

go ahead , post it -  by all means   , you've not shown your speakers with  that  traditional  configuration -

• Sad 1

Yes, that is an earlier configuration. 

Let me be very clear: that is not what is being advertised and sold. The base pictured is different. The new base is smaller and less obtrusive.

The current version also has, of course, the grille and detachable side panels and the tweeter is its own cabinet that is lightly bolted in between the two bass bins. 

I hope no one gets confused about what is being sold. Please look at the photos posted at the start of the thread and the several reasons and advantages of having the tweeter in between the two bass bins (Woofer-Tweeter-Woofer configuration). It really is better. 

I hope no one gets confused about what they might be purchasing. 

Back on topic,

-Tom

I wish I could stop looking at these speakers
I really like how you have set the horn in the middle, to me this makes the best sense for the best sound.
If I could find a way to get them to my location near Daytona Fl. I’d beg my wife to let me hit the savings account. Lol
Do you think they would sound well with being on a wall that’s 10’ long ? The room is really long, about 24’, but the short wall would be the only place to put them. Wife took over my main sound room with a super large sectional sofa. And that’s killed and way for me to use that room, when we bought this house 2.5 years ago I told her ( here’s my music room ) ya, right. Lol

• Like 1

That geometry is not too far from what I have had. They sounded fine (my listening angle was anywhere from 40-65 degrees).

As for the distance .... several years ago my ex and I along with 3 small children, and my mother-in-law drove from Connecticut to Florida in a SUV. Believe me, that was a long trip. Just leave the kids and mother-in-law at home, then the trip will be a breeze

-Tom

Tom,

I'm VERY interested in these.  I live in central Jersey, so about a 3 hour drive to pick them up.

This is my first post on the forum, but I've been an avid reader since I joined about 18 mo ago.  I've learned a lot from you and all the other members ... I was just about to begin a LS clone build based on all the great advice here.  However, having your speakers would definitely put that build on the backburner.  As your channeling PWK suggests "Why not make your next pair of speakers your last pair of speakers?"

I'm a long-time Klipsch fan and owner ... bought my first pair in the '80s.  KG5.2s.  They are still going strong and I listen to them daily.  Have not yet had a pair of Heritage speakers ... hence my plan for an LS build.  BUT, your speakers would put me two levels above the LS!  I don't believe I can PM you as I don't have enough posts, but perhaps you can PM me if they are still available?  They will go to a very good home!

Thanks!

Steve.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is the EPILOGUE. 

Yesterday the Jubilees went to a new and loving home. The transaction could not have been smoother. 

The buyer had not heard Jubilees before, but had distant memories of Klipschorns from his youth. The demo consisted of Tracy Chapman, Cowboy Junkies, Dave Brubeck, Natalie Merchant as I recall. The grin on his face was classic. For those of you fortunate enough to have Jubilees, remember back to your first experience - yes, it was that kind of grin!

For those of you interested, the advertisement generated a good deal of activity. Location, transportation, size of the big beasts, and lack of cash were the prime deal breakers. 

I am confident that they will continue to bring pleasure to the listener in their new home. 

My girl friend stopped by with some freshly baked bread as a bit of a Bon Voyage gift (Sourdough with rosemary - it has been our pandemic hobby). I really think she wanted to see if I had a tear in my eye. After a glass of wine I waved good bye. 

IMG_2591.thumb.JPG.5fb4137b9fe3575dffa8d74514075b35.JPG

During the time I have enjoyed this passion for big Klipsch speakers, I have met some truly great and wonderful folks. Yesterday was no exception. 

-Tom

• Like 6

• PrestonTom changed the title to Jubilee - Style Cabinets for Sale in Connecticut - EPILOGUE

Tom,

Thanks for all your hospitality yesterday and entrusting your Jubilees to me!  Tom is right ... my first listen of Jubilees and I think that once I pulled my jaw off the floor I said something to the effect of "Holy cow, what a huge soundstage".  I may have included a few supporting expletive's in that sentence as well.  Tom's work is awesome; these are definitely a one of a kind in appearance.  Tom's passion and attention to detail really shines through. I am really looking forward to getting them set up in their new home.  Tom, it may take a few days or so as my day laborer (for the rest of you out there, my son) quit on me at about midnight last night once we unloaded them into the garage and he headed home, saying "see you at Thanksgiving" knowing very well that I'd manhandle them into the house long before then.  Yes, these babies are huge (heavy); best workout I've had in years!  Once I get them set up, I'll post some pictures in another section of the forum and give more of my impressions. 

Thanks again Tom and please thank your girlfriend for me (and my wife) for the sourdough bread!  It's absolutely delicious!

Steve

• Like 4

@FFBman

Very glad to see the new owner is on the forum. Welcome Steve. They definitely put a smile on one's face don't they. Like I have posted a couple times when my SIL from Peru heard them backed up with a couple Danley TH subs for that little extra umph in the lowest octaves all she could say was WOW!

• Like 1