Audiophile1990

Hello everyone,

For those who are interested, I am unfortunately parting ways with my Dad's speakers because of their size I cannot move them with me into my new condo. 

Starting with the first pair which are the Klipschorns my dad purchased them from the original owner in 1984 and were made in 1977 based on the serial numbers. The Serial Number stickers are on both pairs of Klipschorns as well. The only replacement parts on the Klipschorns are a pair of Bob Crites Crossover's which I installed them back in 2016 other than that they are in original condition and in excellent working order.

The second pair which are the La Scala's my dad purchased back in the early 2000's again same as the Klipschorns my dad purchased them from their original owners. Both pairs of La Scala's are in original condition and in excellent working order. The Serial Number stickers are on both pairs of La Scala's as well.

I will list the info, serial numbers etc below as well as contact info for those who are interested. I am asking $5,000 for the Khorn pair & $5,000 for the LaScala pair or best offer. I currently live in CT, but for anyone interested in the tri-state area or on the east coast this is your chance.

If anyone outside of the northeast area is interested, I will work with you regarding shipping.

I know these loud speakers aren't for sale that often, and both pair's would be an excellent edition to your home theater setup so that you can enjoy them 

as much as my dad and our family have enjoyed them over the years.

Thanks,

Jeff 

P.S. Feel free to contact me via email for more info, or pictures at durkinj56@gmail.com

Klipschorn: 

Type: KBWO

Serial: 10R518, 10R519

La Scala:

Type: LS-BL

Serial: 8511790, 8511791

Edited by Audiophile1990
  • Like 1

• Audiophile1990 changed the title to FOR SALE- A Pair of Klipschorns & La Scalas
1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

When I sold my LaScala, I was left with seller's remorse. 

GLWS

Thanks! Yeah it's tough to part ways with both pairs, but I have no room in my new condo to put them. The new blu-ray Apollo 11 (especially the launch) and the Top Gun intro on Blu Ray sound the best on both pairs. It was part of a 7 channel system my dad had the Khorns as the two front channel. The LaScala's were used for the left and right mid-channel.

• Like 1

Just throwing some ideas on your walls....

The Khorns utilize what is otherwise, typically wasted/dead space....(the corners).

If you find that you don't have room for them (what else is in their way??)  Maybe you could put them into a low traffic room, essentially for storage.

These were your fathers.....think out 10/20 years....  are you 100% sure you won't look back and regret having gotten rid of them?  Not so much the speakers, but what they represent.

• Like 1

• Audiophile1990 changed the title to SOLD- A Pair of Klipschorns & La Scalas