Klipsch Forte how much apart?

Llem

Hi , wondering how much apart can i have my Forte II in my short wall (12 feet) before i have negative results ( hole in the middle - thin vocals etc) .Listening position is about 12 feet and i currently use little toe in ( cross few feet behind me)

Thanks

Edited by Llem
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Llem said:

Hi , wondering how much apart can i have my Forte II in my short wall (12 feet) before i have negative results ( hole in the middle - thin vocals etc) .Listening position is about 12 feet and i currently use little toe in ( cross few feet behind me)

Thanks

If not experienced a hole now cool.

If do, toe to cross in sitting position or just in front of you.

Welcome!

• Thanks 1

Keep in mind that everything in audio is a rule of thumb, and the particulars of the room will have a huge impact on your experience.  I'll speak from experience that I once spent 7 hours playing with a MiniDSP+ and tuning a dual subwoofer setup in my room, moving a pair of Heresys and the subs - so while I may be an outlier, I recommend some experimentation.  It never hurts.

That said, the 1.5 feet from the side wall and only slightly toed in (and perhaps 1.0 feet from the back wall) is a darn good start.

PS: Keep in mind as you're listening that the hole will be pretty evident because you can't hear half a whole (sorry, my kids groaned).

• Like 1

My Forte IVs are 12 feet apart center to center and 10” off the back wall pointed straight ahead. That is where they sound best to me and no hole in the middle. I tried 10 feet apart and farther from the wall and closer to the wall. I sit about 12 feet back from front of the speakers.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Really can't understand how many people believe klipsch speakers are not so good for stereo imaging. Having them almost 10feet apart 1.5 feet from back wall and just a little toe in gives me a very wide and deep soundstage experience larger than the walls.

Edited by Llem

19 minutes ago, Llem said:

Really can't understand how many people believe klipsch speakers are not so good for stereo imaging.

I suppose it is much like the common wisdom that English cars like Jaguar and Land Rover spend an inordinate amount of time in the shop. I've owned both and that hasn't been my experience at all.

58 minutes ago, Llem said:

Really can't understand how many people believe klipsch speakers are not so good for stereo imaging. Having them almost 10feet apart 1.5 feet from back wall and just a little toe in gives me a very wide and deep soundstage experience larger than the walls.

Speakers set in the Corners of the walls is usually a question of ease of placement  , and the use of the walls allow the sound to travel around the room  with at least 1 foot clearance at the rear for the passive woofers -- but this depends on each person's preference -however , with the Forte II  , the distance of  8 -10 feet between each speaker  in an X  pattern toed in ,  is where the tone is richer at lower volume for the Forte II , the bass is punchy , the HF is clear Vocals , but the further apart to say 12 feet  , the Details -Nuances are the same , by  raising the Volume a tad louder -