Klipsch horns with rf7-iii

ONERED77

Not sure what KHorns they are though, assuming older so they will be open back and will need a perfect corner for them. Very tight fitting corner otherwise you will need to make false corners for them or modify the bass cabinet to make it closed back like how the new ones are which still need a corner but don't have to be perfectly sealed they just need to be in the vicinity. The crossovers may also need replacing too depending on the age too. Belles are fine just along a wall like a Cornwall or Forte.

If that's not something you can do or can't make work due to the room then the KHorns may not be ideal. I would personally do this if you can make it work though and if the speakers are in great shape.

KHorns + the Belle for the center is a legendary combo not just for HT but equally as much for music. That would be a pretty substantial upgrade over the 7s and the 504 center IMHO. Especially the center.

The RF7s are really good speakers though, especially the IIs and IIIs. It would make a fantastic surround speaker for those 3 up front, you'd have basically 5 full range speakers in that system so you can just imagine.

Voicing of the 7s though may not be a 100% perfect sonic match compared to heritage so you may have to fiddle with the EQ a bit. Perhaps not, YMMV. Aesthetically of course they look very different but if that doesn't bother you then I would very much consider doing this.

If you can afford it, buy them, but don't sell anything yet. A lot of people don't agree with me on this, but older heritage don't do well with modern home theater receivers. In my experience and opinion, they will sound like a decent speaker, but don't sound great like they should, it's like they have no soul.

Now hook up those khorns and belle to a stereo environment, they'll absolutely sing, full of soul. I've had belles hooked up to a home theater receiver and they sounded terrible. I replaced the crossovers, but didn't help. It wasn't until a buddy of mine brought over a vintage Sony stereo integrated amp and my mouth dropped. It was more than night and day! When I got my khorns a year or two later, we tried it on my home theater setup just to try it, and same thing, no life. 

I have my khorns in my living room sitting right behind my KLF30s. Khorns are dedicated 2 channel stereo music and the KLF30s are part of my home theater. Good luck and keep us updated.

On 9/28/2021 at 9:02 PM, ONERED77 said:

I have an opportunity to buy 2 khorns and one Bella as front stage.

75% movies 25% music 

I currently have a RF7iii stage and a 504 . Sell the center and move the 7 to rear? Or ???????

Thoughts??

Well I bought them  all 3 for 1985.00.

Week for delivery .

If anything , I'll definitely be waking up the neighbors in about 8days lol.

• Like 1