Discussions About Price for Heritage, etc.

makos

6 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:
7 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

There have been flippers who grab great deals off of here to only flip, and that is not ensuring the good home part and it's keeping members from a chance to upgrade or experience something different. Also, there has been members who buy only to part out the speakers, which isn't something I support.  

I guess I'm too much of a capitalist to find fault with that. Fwiw, I wheeled-n-dealed to buy my speakers and when I sell them want the best price I can get.

More like greedy, which is okay. 

There have been many times that I could have grabbed equipment on here and made money. I have passed on many deals because it would only block others from a good deal, and I'm not that greedy.  I feel that great deals are being offered to fellow forum members so that others can enjoy the experience without paying top dollar. 

I am not in any way against people making money. 

Asking price is up to the seller, and I have no problem with you or anyone getting all one can for something. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 9:09 PM, makos said:

Lets face it: prices on heritage Klipsch speakers have gotten out of hand. 

Since when ?    ...did you check the Alerts section for used Klipsch speakers  , for listings on Craigslist ?  or the klipsch Garage sale ? 

- Cornwall 1 prices  in 2020-21 ,  1000$ or barely 1500$ in mint shape , including veneered       speakers and upgrades -

- Khorns by the Tons at 3k$ or under 4k$ in mint condition including upgrades  -

- Chorus Speakers at 1k$ or lower 

- Lascala 's selling in 2020-21 at 1500$  in excellent condition , Singles for 400$  or a few hundreds -

Heresy III speakers at the 1000$ mark , Heresy 1 for 3-4-500 $  ,  Heresy II under 800$ -

and I can go on and on  - 

• Like 1

Not that I am looking to buy, but perusing eBay frequently just to see what is for sale, I have not seen a pair of Heresy l's for less than $500 unless they are beat up and ragged, but even then, they want top dollar. I paid $250 for my pair in 2012 at an antique store in Central Florida, from the original owner. 

This thread is not about what actual prices may or may not be. This thread is about thread crapping, trash talking, etc. etc. And by the way, Klipsch  prices have not dropped especially in the last two years. Don’t know where that supposed data came from, but that doesn’t make any difference in this discussion.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

This thread is not about what actual prices may or may not be. This thread is about thread crapping, trash talking, etc. etc. And by the way, Klipsch  prices have not dropped especially in the last two years. Don’t know where that supposed data came from, but that doesn’t make any difference in this discussion.

So is this one:

I gather the Garage Sale section is controversial and not everyone plays by the rules...definitely a Moderator problem, unpaid or not.

• Like 1

• Moderators

There is a facebook group, vintage audio, something like that, Heritage is usually about 20% or more above what the "benchmark" prices are here. A forum member I know well sold on that site, and they got their prices. They went straight there, rather than here, to fund new Klipsch and they needed to maximize return. They would have sold here if that wasn't the case, for a quick easy sale. 

With the FB place you have zero idea who you are dealing with, and an in home transaction would be a bit shaky.

As least here, in most cases, in many cases at least you are dealing with a known entity. I have seen a lot of very quick easy deals. No muss, no fuss. 

How many times have you seen, looking for one __________ [a $50 horn, a $35 part, whatever] and the response has been "I have 5 there are collecting dust, pay the shipping and it's yours." That's the real spirit of the Forum, and it still exists, I see examples of it all of the time. 

I think that anyone can come in and list, with no posts, you are going to get flippers. We have even had a dealer sneak in a time or two. However, the flip side is, people have inherited nice Heritage, and chose to sell them here.  

• Like 2

A big issue with BT on AK is that with so many posts, people would have a discussion that kept bumping it to the top, often going off on tangents not related to the sale at all. . I haven't felt like that's an issue here, but a set posting length (3-7 days?) would make sure new posts get more visibility. On the other hand, seeing someone resurrect a year-old for sale thread that is still available is fun. 

Also- I think i'm going to start low-balling more. I fully support people asking top dollar, but I missed out on a local pair of  LaScalas because I thought offering $500 less than asking was too low.

• Like 1

I thought this was a FORUM!...All KLIPSCH SENATORS(Members) are entitled to their own OPINIONS.  If People in this Forum are giving their views on price,(good, bad, or indifferent) it is their right.  NO ONE PERSON has the right to censor a person just for giving their opinion.  This is the U.S.A. and freedom of speech is in the CONSTITUTION.  PRICE is in the EYE of the BEHOLDER or those who want to behold.  Let anyone charge what they want to for a piece equipment, but trying to censor me and anyone else for giving their opinions is just plain BULL!!!

15 minutes ago, edzu1234 said:

I thought this was a FORUM!...All KLIPSCH SENATORS(Members) are entitled to their own OPINIONS.  If People in this Forum are giving their views on price,(good, bad, or indifferent) it is their right.  NO ONE PERSON has the right to censor a person just for giving their opinion.  This is the U.S.A. and freedom of speech is in the CONSTITUTION.  PRICE is in the EYE of the BEHOLDER or those who want to behold.  Let anyone charge what they want to for a piece equipment, but trying to censor me and anyone else for giving their opinions is just plain BULL!!!

One little tidbit you are forgetting. The 1st Amendment does not apply to a privately owned forum. If you disagree, start your own discussion forum where anyone can post anything they like and see how quickly that devolves into chaos.

As a side note, I am a member of the Corvette Forum and they have an off topic section for politics. It is what I would call "controlled chaos". Actually pretty entertaining at times. Not something I would recommend around here.

Shakey

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, edzu1234 said:

Let me add, this post is just according to the TOPIC at hand we are discussing which is: the ESCALATING PRICE OF USED HERITAGE SPEAKERS!  Nothing more!

It's people like you that make smart conservatives look bad.