KLF 20 vs forte/heresy

Wkatsiotis

I just made a deal for a pair of klf 20s in my price range that I wanted to put towards a pair of fortes or heresys. For some reason I couldn’t find any under 1k in the past few months so I’m sort of settling for these. I have a lot of experience with heresys since my dad owns his pair from the 70s. Any comparison helps, just craving that horn sound and want a solid pair to call my own. Btw I’m paying 275 for the KLFs

2 minutes ago, Axellfoxy said:

I also own the Heresy II, compared to these I think the KLF 20 are better able to" fill" the room with sound creating an even more realistic stage

That’s great to hear you got me excited now do you think I did well on price? Just can’t believe how expensive heresys are getting nowadays and I’m getting these from a guy who had them in storage for many years didn’t even know what they were.

27 minutes ago, Wkatsiotis said:

Just can’t believe how expensive heresys are getting nowadays 

it's a  small speaker with big sound , fantastic vocals , HF detail , if you dont own a pair , you 're missing a lot , and 1 pair is never enough :rolleyes:

51 minutes ago, Wkatsiotis said:

That’s great to hear you got me excited now do you think I did well on price? Just can’t believe how expensive heresys are getting nowadays and I’m getting these from a guy who had them in storage for many years didn’t even know what they were.

Sorry but about the price I can't help you because I live in Italy and the prices are different, for example you pay for a pair of Cornwall II around 2600 euros and a pair of KLF 1300 euros and a pair of Heresy II around 1000 euros

24 minutes ago, RandyH said:

it's a  small speaker with big sound , fantastic vocals , HF detail , if you dont own a pair , you 're missing a lot , and 1 pair is never enough :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, RandyH said:

I agree , the Heresy is a milestone in the history of Hi-fi👍

5 hours ago, Wkatsiotis said:

I think you killed it on price.  I have too many pairs of speakers (that list on my page? Just the ones hooked up) but if I came across a pair of KLF-20s here in the Boston Metro area for that price I'd grab them in a heartbeat without thinking twice.  I might even get lazy and tell the seller to keep the change if I handed him $300.

Thank you all for the replies you’re making me think I did ok here. Here’s how the real story goes with price. He had them listed at $170 (cut down from 275) as just some klipsch towers and I asked what model they were. He didn’t know but said he wanted to do some research. After seeing what they’re worth I offered him 275 since that’s what he originally wanted before knowing that and I think we’re both pretty happy with this deal.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wkatsiotis said:

Thank you all for the replies you’re making me think I did ok here. Here’s how the real story goes with price. He had them listed at $170 (cut down from 275) as just some klipsch towers and I asked what model they were. He didn’t know but said he wanted to do some research. After seeing what they’re worth I offered him 275 since that’s what he originally wanted before knowing that and I think we’re both pretty happy with this deal.

But have you already been able to see the speakers and check what condition they are in?

1 hour ago, Axellfoxy said:

But have you already been able to see the speakers and check what condition they are in?

Yes they look to be untouched for many years. I’m hoping nothing can happen to the drivers from sitting for long but I’ll find out when I hear them this afternoon. Visibly they look to be in excellent condition.

• Like 2

The KLF-20 and 30 are two of the best bang for you bucks speakers that Klipsch ever made.  I have a pair of each and they were my mains for years.  (That was until I made the mistake of listening to some Klipsch Palladium series speakers and had to have them 🙂.  I still have the KLFs but they are in secondary systems now.)

If they don't already have them I suggest getting titanium tweeter diaphragms for them, either Crites or the Klipsch ones (used in the Heresy III).  I put the Crites ones in mine.  I think they are a big improvement over the stock poly ones.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MMurg said:

The KLF-20 and 30 are two of the best bang for you bucks speakers that Klipsch ever made.  I have a pair of each and they were my mains for years.  (That was until I made the mistake of listening to some Klipsch Palladium series speakers and had to have them 🙂.  I still have the KLFs but they are in secondary systems now.)

If they don't already have them I suggest getting titanium tweeter diaphragms for them, either Crites or the Klipsch ones (used in the Heresy III).  I put the Crites ones in mine.  I think they are a big improvement over the stock poly ones.

I recently replaced the crossovers and the membrane of the two tweeters of my LEGEND KLF 20 with those of Bob Crites and after a few months of listening the impression is that the sound is much more detailed and refined an upgrade that is fully worth the money 👍

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Wkatsiotis said:

Yes they look to be untouched for many years. I’m hoping nothing can happen to the drivers from sitting for long but I’ll find out when I hear them this afternoon. Visibly they look to be in excellent condition.

...and when you will listen at the KLF 20 please don't forget to update about it 👍