KLF 20 vs forte/heresy

Wkatsiotis

The original k52h drivers used in the klf-20/30's are actually the exact same being used in the k53/57/61k (and others).

All you would need to be able to use them one would remove the four screws that hold the horn mounting flange of each magnet assembly and change them out..

The diaphragms are interchangeable as well, but I would use them in matched pairs (i wouldn't use one OEM KLF & one from another series like a k61k) . Or better yet if you find you need to replace one get a new pair if you can afford them. Also avoid using the Ti mid version.

The gasket with the larger open hole is the OEM for the KLF's. The one with the smaller opening is what you would get if you were to order new replacement gaskets from Crites.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2021 at 9:34 PM, Wkatsiotis said:

I just made a deal for a pair of klf 20s in my price range that I wanted to put towards a pair of fortes or heresys. For some reason I couldn’t find any under 1k in the past few months so I’m sort of settling for these. I have a lot of experience with heresys since my dad owns his pair from the 70s. Any comparison helps, just craving that horn sound and want a solid pair to call my own. Btw I’m paying 275 for the KLFs