Rubber or cork under Speakers

Llem

Hi 
Having my Klipsch Fortes on marble floor and they don't make proper/sturdy contact so i use cork mat to get a better grip. 
Was thinking of raising them a bit more and there is an option of rubber mat which is thicker and maybe more of a bouncy thing. What would you use as a stand ?

20210930_151720.thumb.jpg.825d350d1f4af96c62f3eebfb308f826.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I do not see what is exactly your problem from the description.

If the floor is not completely flat and your speakers wobble on it, than you might consider some sort of adjusting feet under your speakers.

Hight adjusting spikes work for me.

If your intention is to raise the speakers and prevent them to wobble, you could build riser that is closed from four sides and the top. Again, adjusting feet could be build in underneath such riser, so you can have both. I have used rubber math under my speakers with mixed results sound wise. They usually muddied the sound.

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2021 at 8:57 AM, parlophone1 said:

I do not see what is exactly your problem from the description.

If the floor is not completely flat and your speakers wobble on it, than you might consider some sort of adjusting feet under your speakers.

Hight adjusting spikes work for me.

If your intention is to raise the speakers and prevent them to wobble, you could build riser that is closed from four sides and the top. Again, adjusting feet could be build in underneath such riser, so you can have both. I have used rubber math under my speakers with mixed results sound wise. They usually muddied the sound.

Maybe you are right about the mixed results. After having them about one month on the cork mat i just added some thick rubber footers about 2 cm under each leg. There is for sure better detail , better defined bass  and imaging no question about it. I'm not sure if this is coming from the mid horn being closer to ear level or because of a better grip/ contact making the bass cleaner.

However, i want to try it for a longer period because the sound i suspect might get a little more tiresome- less relaxed

Edited by Llem
  • Like 2