Chorus II Crossovers

pcbiz

My Chorus II crossovers. One was not functioning (short wires) so I replaced them both with new Crites crossovers. I'm passing these on to the new owner of my Chorus II experimental pair. It was a very good experiment. 

Is anybody rebuilding these? I just thought the new owner would like to know.

0?ui=2&ik=2d11cd1a12&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1712462992864222156&th=17c3e404dcac9bcc&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8Cpr-SUIiCDgE2bQ4XBvFLtj5DB_WP7BSktg59Cwk-iooJ9JjpmM1cUg1g0ZzahPIxmCekTQOxtv5iNxai_LVANIGS7mU3ib6mW9Kz95-y48Ck5YIRinlvO6s&disp=emb

2 minutes ago, pcbiz said:

My Chorus II crossovers. One was not functioning (short wires) so I replaced them both with new Crites crossovers. I'm passing these on to the new owner of my Chorus II experimental pair. It was a very good experiment. 

Is anybody rebuilding these? I just thought the new owner would like to know.

0?ui=2&ik=2d11cd1a12&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1712462992864222156&th=17c3e404dcac9bcc&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8Cpr-SUIiCDgE2bQ4XBvFLtj5DB_WP7BSktg59Cwk-iooJ9JjpmM1cUg1g0ZzahPIxmCekTQOxtv5iNxai_LVANIGS7mU3ib6mW9Kz95-y48Ck5YIRinlvO6s&disp=emb

what are Chorus II experimental Pairs ?

1 minute ago, RandyH said:

what are Chorus II experimental Pairs ?

I just wanted to see if I could get them to be mini La Scalas. I made some really good sonic improvements, but they're not La Scalas. 

1 hour ago, pcbiz said:

I just wanted to see if I could get them to be mini La Scalas. I made some really good sonic improvements, but they're not La Scalas. 

then buy a pair of Lascala - they always come up ,

1 hour ago, RandyH said:

then buy a pair of Lascala - they always come up ,

I just did. They're a bit beat, and definitely need new crossovers. Funny thing... right now my Chorus IIs sound better.... but in the pic, you can tell they're jealous.

zqrK_ZpF-VndWCCfzJrzcukQge0e9OYkf4BK09dkcJ7krikb4GmmbPUqk8W2oYo6LijODx4u47ErPSWzqyRaFD6v7--A0n8gw9HOaAlSDAKuiG6IHrNK7AAGwGzjoqt6aZf_jhfI=s0

2 hours ago, pcbiz said:

right now my Chorus IIs sound better.... but in the pic, you can tell they're jealous.

Those are VERY different speakers, upgrades or not.   Just because one pair is fully horn loaded doesn't mean that you will favor them. Do yourself a favor and keep those Chorus II until you have a lot of seat time with the La scalas to see if they are right for you. They would never be right for me without subs, all the time. Subs can be a little tricky to pair with them as well depending on your listening preferences. Most here will will tell you to build an ENORMOUS (read VERY large, more than one, horn sub).  That wouldn't work in my room (I know Claude would tell me to put them on the ceiling and to quite whining 😂) .  Your results may vary, have fun. If you were closer, those CHORUS II would have been sold to me. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Those are VERY different speakers, upgrades or not.   Just because one pair is fully horn loaded doesn't mean that you will favor them. Do yourself a favor and keep those Chorus II until you have a lot of seat time with the La scalas to see if they are right for you. They would never be right for me without subs, all the time. Subs can be a little tricky to pair with them as well depending on your listening preferences. Most here will will tell you to build an ENORMOUS (read VERY large, more than one, horn sub).  That wouldn't work in my room (I know Claude would tell me to put them on the ceiling and to quite whining 😂) .  Your results may vary, have fun. If you were closer, those CHORUS II would have been sold to me. 

+1 on the Chorus. La Scala might get louder and drums kick harder (while missing lower hz drums) but more defined music and deeper bass belong to the Chorus.

On the sub. I would advise making your couch a sub and put cushions on it and quit whining.

• Haha 4

Keeping both is definitely the best idea; I just can't do it right now because of limited space. Covid killed my 'bigger house' project, but as soon as I'm back on track, the Big Klipsch Show will resume!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Terry Palmer said:

Do you still have the Chorus II crossovers? I’m looking to buy some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we're both looking for a rebuild. There were a couple of forum members rebuilding Chorus II crossovers a few years back. Haven't heard from any recently.

[mention=78875]JEM Performance[/mention]

I replaced the coil and one of the capacitors. It was the coil for the tweeter that wasn’t working. Replaced it and everything works. Thanks for the input. Still might buy two Chorus II crossovers if they ever come up for the right price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1