For Sale: Nelson Pass Amp Camp Monoblocks - Custom Built with upgrades

Dneu2011

Two Custom built Amp Camp ACA Class A monoblock amplifiers with a lot of upgrades and differences from Nelson's $350 kits on diyaudio.

- 24V Meanwell SMPS Power Supplies

- Birdseye Maple Faceplates

- Slightly larger heatsinks than the diyaudio amps

- XLR input and bridging switches

- upgraded interior parts included changes recommended by Tungstenaudio on diyaudio (smooths out top end, tightens bass, more dynamic)

- added Power Filtering boards to reduce hash/trash from SMPS filter by RThatcher on diyaudio (cleaner signal, better imaging)

Power Output

- Single amp is 8 watts per channel in 8 ohm and 5 watts in 4 ohm

- Monoblock XLR - 16 watts per channel

- Monoblock Bridged - 16 watts per channel into 8 ohm

- Monoblock Parallel - 16 watts per channel into 4 ohm

I have built at least 25 of these amps ranging from the basic 1.1a boards all the way up to torroidal amps with highly upgraded boards. These were used by my brother until he asked me to build him some torroidal ones for his Klipsch Chorus II's. I have turned a lot of people away from tubes with these amplifiers.

Asking $700 and I will cover shipping for free...

Shipping from Houston, Texas to anywhere in the CONUS.

IMG_4737.jpg

IMG_4679.jpg

65475134991__D2E3847B-51C7-416B-BBCB-687F88C990E1.jpg

IMG_4673.jpg

• Like 2

I'm interested. For clarification these are monoblocks and accept one XLR input to each monoblock?

Why two speaker terminals?  Different impedance options or is that for RCA hookups and stereo amplification?

Do you accept PayPal? Will this be insured shipping?

Thanks

Jc

Sorry everyone. Was on vacation and just returned. 

To clarify, yes these have one xlr per amp so you can run them as xlr balanced. 

The reason there are 4 speaker posts and 2 rca inputs (left and right) for each amp is because I built them exactly like Nelson Pass’ Amp camps from DiyAudio but with modifications. 

$700 total. I’ll cover shipping within the continental US. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 8:48 AM, jwc said:

I'm interested. For clarification these are monoblocks and accept one XLR input to each monoblock?

Why two speaker terminals?  Different impedance options or is that for RCA hookups and stereo amplification?

Do you accept PayPal? Will this be insured shipping?

Thanks

Jc

Yes I accept PayPal. Regarding insurance I didn’t have that included, but we can work something out. 

Here are pics of another pair I built with black heatsinks and black bottom. I will be finishing them with tops this weekend and offering to finish them with a specific wood faceplate if someone wants to buy. 

I have Zebrawood, Birdseye Maple, and Walnut available to use. 

If I don’t have any takers I’m going to go Zebrawood but attempt to dye the wood darker. 

72EFA9B2-FAD8-4481-B8D5-D8C89F8B3715.jpeg

D19B055E-BE91-4C59-BC25-8C3160D5C133.jpeg

• Like 2

I buy the exact ACA boards from DiyAudio that’s in Nelson’s Amp Camp kits. What I do is upgrade the parts, modify the schematic based on recommendations from DiyAudio forums and my experiences, add filtering boards, and diy my own chassis. 

The chassis from DiyAudio costs $150 and makes up almost 50% of the amp. I am able to source my heatsinks locally for cheap and get them cut to size so I can make a chassis for much cheaper. 

Looks like a very good deal to me. I built a pair of these amps from the diyAudio kits without modification and they sound wonderful, particularly in parallel mode which requires one amp per channel, such as offered in this sale.

You'll need very efficient loudspeakers due to their low power, but that's what we have around here. : )

I made (5) posts on the diyAudio forum including measurements of my amps beginning here.

God bless you and your precious family - Langston

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...