What would you do?

Jvitti1970

Currently am enjoying a 2 channel system with vintage LaScala’s ALK Crossovers and Crites CT-120 Tweeters, Parasound P6 and A23 combo with an Infinity Alpha series 12” Sub. Source is 80% Amazon HD Stream through a laptop and the P6 USB 20% CD. 

My question is what would you do to improve this system? More mods to the LaScala’s mids?  A bigger badder sub.??I like bass but not necessarily a bass head lol

A better music streaming system: stand alone music streamer DAC??  
 Any thoughts suggestions and opinions would be welcomed 

• Like 1

Better sub for sure.  The rest of the system is fine.  Most folks here will tell horn sub only, go ridiculously large.  Not needed. I'm biased but.... This is a KILLER DEAL that was made just for you (not mine) 

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/psa-tv2112-fs-lexington-ky-local-pickup-asking-1500.3218955/

Here is another bargain, but it's passive so you will need a DSP amp to power it or an amp and separate MINIDSP or something similar.   

• Like 1

Bluesound Node, new model.
I have the Bluesound Node 2i and absolutely love it. If something happened to it for some odd reason, I'd probably get the new model in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

He has a decent DAC built into the Parasound P6.   Money is best spent somewhere else first on the weakest link. Just my 2 cents. 
He can still use the DAC in the Parasound. With the Node you have the option to use the built in DAC or use a seperate one externally. That's what I do with mine. (Schiit Modius)

Hmm.  So the Bluesound is a sister company of NAD, I read.  I wonder if NAD makes a stand alone device. I've known the Director of Sales & Mktg for them for last 20 years. (I was a rep of theirs for almost a decade)
Yeah, I think I've read that also. I gotta say......I streamed from a Windows machine for years and really liked it. Making the change to streaming from the Node was a big time improvement in sound quality. The whole streaming thing was an improvement. Can't recommend it enough.

6 minutes ago, SWL said:

Yeah, I think I've read that also. I gotta say......I streamed from a Windows machine for years and really liked it. Making the change to streaming from the Node was a big time improvement in sound quality. The whole streaming thing was an improvement. Can't recommend it enough.

See, that's what I'm still doing right now upstairs. I have an SFF Dell i5 QC that takes care of browsing, YouTube, Amazon Music HD, Spotify, etc.  It's handy sometimes having it there on the TV or we have the outside cameras on while we're listening. But, if there's an increase in SQ, I'm game. I guess I need to email my buddy and see what the options are.  I really didn't want an all in one NAD piece with their amp, etc., but an external would be nice.  

• Like 1

See, that's what I'm still doing right now upstairs. I have an SFF Dell i5 QC that takes care of browsing, YouTube, Amazon Music HD, Spotify, etc.  It's handy sometimes having it there on the TV or we have the outside cameras on while we're listening. But, if there's an increase in SQ, I'm game. I guess I need to email my buddy and see what the options are.  I really didn't want an all in one NAD piece with their amp, etc., but an external would be nice.  
I think you'd like it.

I bypass the dacs built into the Node 2i and plug my Node into my Denefrips Hermès ddc and then out via hdmi going into my Denefrips R2R Pontus DAC. I prefer Amazon Hd streams but Spotify sound great too. Spotify has a lot of great playlist possibilities.

I am totally hooked on streaming now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

I’m surprised that a single 12” sub can keep up with the output of a pair of lascalas. My vote is for a couple of 15” subs. That’ll git er done.

Exactly, at least. I highly doubt the single 12 is keeping up either without being pushed close to its limits at times and into high distortion levels. 

• Like 1

My vote is for a table tuba, mini dsp HD. Those would really add to the system. I'm not huge fan of higher end streaming components, but then again I've never dabbled with high end streaming, but those here seem to speak highly. I just know from experience that a table tuba with Lascalas is a match made, especially with dsp.

A different mid horn such as Eliptracs or Volti (anything similar) would be worth the try.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk