Restore

Alan L

11 minutes ago, Alan L said:

I like to think that my flavor on things, others might enjoy. For a little while I was restoring the Pioneer SX 1250..   This was not for everyone, but it put a different spin on a older product! Everything was changed on this unit. Custom face plate with Aluminum side blocks, removed electroplate on the top of the faceplate along with the header that houses the buttons for a polished finish. Piano black finish....It's kinda what I want to do with the speakers... Odds are I might sell them when I am done. Will people enjoy them with what I see in my head for them is the question! I LOVE SEEING all of your restores and ideas that all of you have done with your speakers. I love seeing other peoples visions and work. I think most of us are in it for the love of music, that's pretty cool!! :) 

DSC01618.jpg

DSC01652.jpg

DSC01720.jpg

DSC01734.jpg

DSC01660.jpg

I don't know about the amp, but I really like all of the bottles in background. I bet even if I didn't like the sound of it, if I tapped into 5 or 10 of those bottles in the back, I'd be opening my wallet to buy in no time.  Go ahead, invite me over. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jorjen said:

I have tried all the available methods over the years and the heat/iron method is my favorite but using Better Bond Heat-lock veneer glue.Used it on the La Scalas, used it on my scratch built Figured Hawaiin Koa Jube Clones and many others.

msg-54865-0-95260000-1468807477.jpg

DAMN, those are nice!   You should be (and I'm sure you are) super proud. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 7:14 PM, jorjen said:

Back in the day, Klipsch offered the kits already installed as a special order or you could by the kits after the fact and finish and install them yourself. The kit consisted of two grills with one of the three available(brown, black, cane)materials. The cloth came attached to the grilles from the factory. Also included was eight pieces of like quarter round Solid Birch molding, cut to proper length and mitered. If memory serves, they even included like twenty small brad nails to attach the frame pieces to the front of the cabinet.

Do you know if they offered such an option for decorator Heresys? Asking because I've got a pair with grills and quarter-round. I've seen a few identical ones around the country and wondered how that came to be.

On 10/6/2021 at 5:15 AM, chassell said:

Do you know if they offered such an option for decorator Heresys? Asking because I've got a pair with grills and quarter-round. I've seen a few identical ones around the country and wondered how that came to be.

I never saw any or sold any. I do not believe they did. At some point in that stretch I would have seen them.

• Like 1