Opinions & Experiences: Marantz NR160x Series

DirtyErnie

I have a NR1711 and I like it. The useability for the family is very high which is important to me and much more automated than my Sony flipping from TV/Movies to music etc. Music streaming is very goodPerformance is good not awesome but need to remember this is not the top of the line stuff. Power output is weak but I knew that going in and figured my Klipsch Heritage speakers would be fine. It does get very loud but missing the impact. For giggles i wired it up to my cinema KPT-904's and was not impressed. But that is what my Parasound amps are for anyways. The NR1711 does have a zone 2 as well as preamp outs (for the front main LR). I use the zone 2 with the KPT-904's for music. The built in Audyssey is decent but only for the main zone. FWIW i bought a factory refurb and I swear it was still wrapped in the original plastic wrap and has been flawless. So far!

• Thanks 1

I had an NR1605 for 5+ years and liked it a lot.  I only recently upgraded to an SR8015 because I wanted to do away with my monoblock amplifiers (not that La Scalas need a lot of power).  The only thing I didn't like is that it only had pre-outs for the L/R channels.  If it had pre-outs for all channels, or at least the front three channels, I might have just picked up a 3-channel amp.  The slim Marantz don't seem to run as hot as the bigger receivers.  I had to put an AC Infinity on top of my new Marantz... Slim model did not need it.  

Fun fact, I found that my Marantz NR1605, 2x Outlaw 2200 amps, and a Bash 300 (connected to my sub) used less power than just my SR8015 plugged in by itself.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...