Has anyone used EV DH2A Drivers and HP940 Horns?

Cornwalled

I have Electro-Voice TL 2x12 cabs loaded with EVM-12L Series II that I used as the midrange part of a large scale system.  I've been thinking about using a matching EV HF horn/driver set along with them.  Has anyone used the DH2A drivers?  I'm curious what they would be like with either HP94 or HP940 horns.  Any preference between the two horns?

I could cross them over anywhere from 1k - 1.6k, whatever is best for the driver.  Are they strong up to 13-14k?  That's about all I really need, as there isn't much useful above that.

-Jon

• Cornwalled changed the title to Has anyone used EV DH2A Drivers and HP940 Horns?
  • 2 weeks later...

Are they the ev dh1as kr dh2? Your post says dh2 but the thread says dh1. My friend is running the ev dh1as in some ev horns that I believe are the 940s... he crosses over at 500hz to his La Scala bass bins as I recall.
They run up to about 17k, and he runs I think a 10db shelf around 12k. I can contact him and get the specifics if you like.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello,

They are the DH2A drivers.  Sorry for the confusion.  They are on the way, along with the horns.  I ordered the drivers two days earlier than the horns, but thanks to FedEx stalling the package in Missouri, it looks like the horns are going to arrive first.  No idea when the drivers will arrive.

I have one ST350 from a lone Sentry V I found in a thrift store.  I found another for $40, so I couldn't resist adding them on as a tweeter possibility.  So, my plan is to run the DH2A from about 1k (give or take) to around 3.5k or so, then cross to the ST350s.  That way, I can hopefully avoid the radical EQ necessary to get the DH2As up to spec.  I've had bad luck with that with my Peavey MF1-Xs.

That's the plan anyway.  We'll see when I actually get the stuff and can start messing around.

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2021 at 8:48 AM, Cornwalled said:

Hello,

They are the DH2A drivers.  Sorry for the confusion.  They are on the way, along with the horns.  I ordered the drivers two days earlier than the horns, but thanks to FedEx stalling the package in Missouri, it looks like the horns are going to arrive first.  No idea when the drivers will arrive.

I have one ST350 from a lone Sentry V I found in a thrift store.  I found another for $40, so I couldn't resist adding them on as a tweeter possibility.  So, my plan is to run the DH2A from about 1k (give or take) to around 3.5k or so, then cross to the ST350s.  That way, I can hopefully avoid the radical EQ necessary to get the DH2As up to spec.  I've had bad luck with that with my Peavey MF1-Xs.

That's the plan anyway.  We'll see when I actually get the stuff and can start messing around.

ST350 drivers with baby butt cheeks work fantastic