Tweeter Horn - no sound- Rp-82 mkii

Hi all. This is my first post here.  Apologise If this topic has been post before. I have a pair of RP-82 mkii. Suddenly there is no sound from the tweeter horn. What can be wrong? Do I need to replace it and is it easy to do uour self, or must I deliver the speaker to a service shop?  Any thought about the cost for a new tweeter? 
regards Northern Viking 

Start with the simple and inexpensive possibilities first.  Check for a loose connection.  Maybe one of the screws that hold down the connectors on the tweeter leads has loosened gradually over the years, and is finally loose enough that the connection is broken.

Have you had these speakers for long?  With older speakers, it’s often a good idea to go over all the connections, loosening and then re-tightening the screws.  This may break any corrosion that has formed, and allow for a good connection once more.  It’s even possible that one of the tweeter leads are broken.  If the break is under the insulating jacket, it won’t be visible, but gently moving the wire around to see if the tweeter cuts in and out is a quick and easy way to check the wire.  Anything made of wire can fail at any time.  This includes the voice coil of the tweeter.

If there appears to be no problem with the wires, then check the tweeter itself.  An ohmmeter can tell you if current can get in and out of your tweeter.  If you disconnect the tweeter leads to isolate the tweeter and then connect the meter to the positive and negative leads, you should get a resistance between roughly 3 and 10 ohms.  Note:  this is resistance, not impedance.  Resistance is DC, while impedance is AC.  If the number is more like infinity, something is broken in the tweeter.

Those are the most basic checks.  I’m sure you get some comments from members with more knowledge and experience than me.  You came to the right place for help.

Welcome to the Forum!

6 hours ago, Northern Viking said:

Hi all. This is my first post here.  Apologise If this topic has been post before. I have a pair of RP-82 mkii. Suddenly there is no sound from the tweeter horn. 

Your speakers are the RF-82 II  , and not RP-82 II-------tweeters are about 44$ ---and yes , you can change the parts  yourself -

https://reconingspeakers.com/products-page/klipsch-rf82-rf62-rb81-rb61-rs62-sii-tweeter/

Question ?   is there is no sound from 1  tweeter or both tweeters  ?