Introduction

jubilee333

Hi all! I'm June. I've been lurking the forums for a few days now trying to pick up what I can about klipsch and audio equipment in general. I've started DJing parties this year (under the name Jubilee, just a coincidence!) and have realized I've definitely been bit by the audiophile bug within the past few months via reading and hearing about David Mancuso's use of Klipschorns at the Loft in Tim Lawrence's book Love Saves the Day and Love is the Message podcast.

I haven't yet heard Klipsch speakers or anything of their caliber, but I am very eager to, and looking to acquire a pair of my own. It seems like Cornwalls, Fortes and Khorns are the favorites among many, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled and ears open for any of these available in Central Florida, but I already have seen a few CL listings for KG 4.2s and 4.5s. Any thoughts on KGs?

Would also love if anybody could point me to some good beginner resources for learning about high end audio! 

Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jubilee333 said:

Hi all! I'm June. I've been lurking the forums for a few days now trying to pick up what I can about klipsch and audio equipment in general. I've started DJing parties this year (under the name Jubilee, just a coincidence!) and have realized I've definitely been bit by the audiophile bug within the past few months via reading and hearing about David Mancuso's use of Klipschorns at the Loft in Tim Lawrence's book Love Saves the Day and Love is the Message podcast.

I haven't yet heard Klipsch speakers or anything of their caliber, but I am very eager to, and looking to acquire a pair of my own. It seems like Cornwalls, Fortes and Khorns are the favorites among many, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled and ears open for any of these available in Central Florida, but I already have seen a few CL listings for KG 4.2s and 4.5s. Any thoughts on KGs?

Would also love if anybody could point me to some good beginner resources for learning about high end audio! 

Cheers

Welcome to the forum!

I usually check and post deals

that I find.

Several KGs about down here.

Was an overpriced pair of Klipschorns in Lakeland recently.

If I see something that may interest you close to Orlando, will let know.

Craigslist I search for deals in Florida. Ones I do not look at much is facebook, offer up sources. You will find, good hunting.

Orlando?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Welcome to the forum!

I usually check and post deals

that I find.

Several KGs about down here.

Was an overpriced pair of Klipschorns in Lakeland recently.

If I see something that may interest you close to Orlando, will let know.

Craigslist I search for deals in Florida. Ones I do not look at much is facebook, offer up sources. You will find, good hunting.

Orlando?

Thanks!

Appreciate it! I'm in Tampa, but driving is no problem for a good deal.

1 hour ago, jubilee333 said:

Appreciate it! I'm in Tampa, but driving is no problem for a good deal.

That is good. Just be ready with access to cash, and be ready to reply quick. And hopefully if you want to a demo you can. Keep eyes out on local market. Tampa area can get hot quick.

2 hours ago, jubilee333 said:

😁 I may have to join the club. Is 300 a fair price for a pair of KG 4.2s?

@jubilee333 yes, those should do you for first Klipsch.

Kick the tires on them and look for more pics or in person. Want to look for damage to cabinets and both grilles removed to view the speakers for apparent damage.

Price isn't crazy so, if you are happy cool. If find something disenchanting offer less, if seller appears affable enough.

Thanks!

La Scalas with a sub will work great doing dances and events.  I've used a single pair of La Scalas with no subs for a party of over 100 and the place was rockin'.

Welcome to the Klipsch party!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billybob said:

That is good. Just be ready with access to cash, and be ready to reply quick. And hopefully if you want to a demo you can. Keep eyes out on local market. Tampa area can get hot quick.

2 hours ago, billybob said:

@jubilee333 yes, those should do you for first Klipsch.

Kick the tires on them and look for more pics or in person. Want to look for damage to cabinets and both grilles removed to view the speakers for apparent damage.

Price isn't crazy so, if you are happy cool. If find something disenchanting offer less, if seller appears affable enough.

Thanks!

thank you for the tips! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jubilee333 said:

so I'm keeping my eyes peeled and ears open for any of these available in Central Florida, 

Florida in general  is the place in the USA where there are the  LOOOOOOOOWest   prices on speakers 

4 hours ago, jubilee333 said:

😁 I may have to join the club. Is 300 a fair price for a pair of KG 4.2s?

the KG 4.2  is ok , but the Heresy or Forte Speakers may be better suited , the Heresy 1 , is an all , real wood cabinet -that would be my 1 st choice 

11 minutes ago, jubilee333 said:

lucky me!!

keep an eye on the ALERTS section of the Klipsch forum for  Deals on Craigslist and Facebook's Marketplace 

Alerts!

Want to alert forum members to sales you are not affiliated with on eBay, Craigslist, etc? Post in here.