Introduction

jubilee333

Specs:

DIMENSIONS: 30.5" (77.5cm) x 13.5" (34.3cm) x 11.75" (29.8cm)
* ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF)
* ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass reflex via passive radiator
* FINISHES: Walnut Oil, Oak, Oil, Oak Clear, Finished Black
* FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 36Hz-20kHz(+-)3dB
* HIGH FREQUENCY HORN: 90(o)x60(o) Tractrix(r) Horn
* NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
* POWER HANDLING: 100 watts maximum continuous (500 watts peak)
* SENSITIVITY: 95dB @ 1watt/1meter
* TWEETER: K-85-K 1" (2.54cm) Phenolic dome compression driver
* WEIGHT: 44 lbs. (20kg)
* WOOFER: K-1005-K 10" (25.4cm) ICG cone active / KD-101-K 10" (25.4cm) ICG cone passive

• Like 1

A pair of Heresy II and a sub would work quite well for a smaller PA. Used ones in the pro line would match, but be more durable if you started hauling them around.

I was going to add... the earlier LaScalas are about 125lbs each, approx. 2x2x3. Khorns are a little bigger and the cabinets are more fragile.

39 minutes ago, billybob said:

This started out at 700. Pretty positive that the 300 dollars is the same one in this package deal.

Good enough to sprinkle your feet and, after audition, your room size and listening level, may be well suited for a decent starter plug and play.

Don't forget guys the Tractrix type horn, should rock sweet and blow the Polks...:

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/ele/d/riverview-vintage-kenwood-and-klipsch/7392202242.html

35 minutes ago, Emile said:

@billybob Haha, just found those also :) Sounds like a winner ... go get them @jubilee333 Make sure to "audition" them :) 

01515_8ZOdBsGJQ8Yz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Yes, it was those and also these 4.5s I was looking at: 

https://sarasota.craigslist.org/ele/d/venice-klipsch-kg-45-floorstanding/7376130311.html

If they sound good though, the package deal is definitely enticing. Thank you for pointing out

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, jubilee333 said:

If they sound good though, the package deal is definitely enticing.

Go get them before they are "gone." :)  

Either ones would be perfect. The extra $200 for the 4.5's maybe worth it because they have titanium tweeters (new about $60/pr) ,new crossovers ($200?) and are "pristine."

Opening a bottle of wine to celebrate :) Cheers!

Add-on ... pretty sure this guy takes care of his equipment. Note there is a reel to reel in the pic :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Emile said:

Go get them before they are "gone." :)  

Either ones would be perfect. The extra $200 for the 4.5's maybe worth it because they have titanium tweeters (new about $60/pr) ,new crossovers and are "pristine."

Opening a bottle of wine to celebrate :)

Messaged the seller of the 4.2s. Cheers 😁🍷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@jubilee333 Great! If the 4.2's are not in great shape, pick up the 4.5's. FYI, they are basically the same speaker. Note that the 4.2 shows "two" woofers, but it really is only "one." The other one is a "passive" woofer without a voice coil. In the 4.5 they replaced the passive with a port (haha; "hole").

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

the Tampa link I posted earlier here for 5. Package deal

Haha; never saw it because I looked at "my" link. Same seller; he has listed the 4.2's separately for $300 and with the amp for $500 :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Emile said:

@jubilee333 Great! If the 4.2's are not in great shape, pick up the 4.5's. FYI, they are basically the same speaker. Note that the 4.2 shows "two" woofers, but it really is only "one." The other one is a "passive" woofer without a voice coil. In the 4.5 they replaced the passive with a port (haha; "hole").

That'll be the plan! Going to hear them tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you all for all the help so far. 

• Like 3

Hahahaha  I'm sitting here laffing at you guys.  Emile gets the bonus points and the medal though. For service above and beyond the call of duty!  😂  🤘 

@jubilee333 IF you can get him to audition some hip hop I'll award him an oak leaf cluster too!  :) 

Keep us posted.  Check them out WELL before you hit him w/your deal.  He's gonna buy new wire anyway so snag all you can get.  

You'll be stepping up to those LS in no time!  REMEMBER PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

Hahahaha  I'm sitting here laffing at you guys.  Emile gets the bonus points and the medal though. For service above and beyond the call of duty!  😂  🤘 

@jubilee333 IF you can get him to audition some hip hop I'll award him an oak leaf cluster too!  :) 

Keep us posted.  Check them out WELL before you hit him w/your deal.  He's gonna buy new wire anyway so snag all you can get.  

You'll be stepping up to those LS in no time!  REMEMBER PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!

Thinking about decision now to change my mind and pop a top...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1