Introduction

jubilee333

21 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Oh come on

Actually I am in St. Petersburg (Tampa) and don't visit Miami too often :(  Funny you mention Miami; my wife used to work there (many years ago) and at least once a month she tells me she went to Monty Trainer's there ... and a gentleman from the crowd asked to jam with the band ... it was CARLOS SANTANA :) 

Yes; electronic is my second favorite to hip hop :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jubilee333 said:

I might have misled, this one is actually fixed. Power is 40W per channel RMS.

Sorry, I jumped to a conclusion re: the loudness control.  Since it is a fixed control, it should approximate the set of curves from ISO, unless Kenwood disagrees.  

At 40 w.p.c. RMS, imagining that your approx. 20 x 20 ft. room has an 8 ft. ceiling, therefore would be about 3,200 cu. ft., a listener at about 13 feet from your KG 4.2s would get about 105 dB continuous (don't try it) and maybe 108 dB instantaneous peaks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I'm kidding, I HOPE obviously

Yes, "obviously." :) Don't even think I could have fooled you with an old Dutch band such as "cuby+blizzards." Actually, this clip with Gato Barbieri on sax is much better :)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

George you're teaching and I'm sittin here going "I've got that on vinyl!"  hahaha  :)

We all got these on vinyl  , more or less . Do you enjoy sittin near by me and watching how I spinn records ?  At nightime George is gone and transforms into DJane " Georgina "

djane.png.67fdfc415a81037ba1edb6290e940137.png

• Haha 5

On 10/13/2021 at 5:59 PM, MicroMara said:

So @jubilee333      Dear  Djune...you´ll get some Disco Classics you´ll need for every Party , without chronological order

On 10/13/2021 at 6:01 PM, MicroMara said:

On 10/13/2021 at 6:04 PM, MicroMara said:

On 10/13/2021 at 6:05 PM, MicroMara said:

On 10/13/2021 at 6:07 PM, MicroMara said:

On 10/13/2021 at 6:08 PM, MicroMara said:

On 10/13/2021 at 6:10 PM, MicroMara said:

On 10/13/2021 at 6:14 PM, MicroMara said:

On 10/13/2021 at 6:16 PM, MicroMara said:

On 10/13/2021 at 6:18 PM, MicroMara said:

On 10/13/2021 at 6:21 PM, MicroMara said:

On 10/13/2021 at 6:28 PM, MicroMara said:

classics!!! i've spent a good six months total listening through dance music year by year up through 89 so far (via charts on rateyourmusic.com + DJ lists in Tim Lawrences books), got a good 122hr playlist going :)  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2021 at 6:39 PM, Emile said:

OK @jubilee333, after you've checked out the above ones from @MicroMara, I'd like you to test your speakers with the following ... haha, I did listen (OK; 1 minute) to your hip-hop  :) 

1812 Overture ... just play the last minute :) 

Next, Ode to Joy (Beethoven's 9th finale), done by 10,000 Japanese :) 

Note, when you play this from your PC to your Kenwood the sound will not be "great." (Because the digital to analog converter, or DAC, from your PC is low quality. You may want to invest in an external DAC. (PC USB to DAC to Kenwood.) Almost bought this one last month for $100 :) https://offerup.com/item/detail/1072457694?q=topping+dac :) 

Cheers, Emile

will check out :) and thanks for the DAC tip!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jubilee333 said:

classics!!! i've spent a good six months total listening through dance music year by year up through 89 so far (via charts on rateyourmusic.com + DJ lists in Tim Lawrences books), got a good 122hr playlist going :)  

As I said " Classics "  You´ve done you job ....Where are you going to DJ soon? I borrow   @001space shuttle and come just across the Atlantic . Should be fun....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@jubilee333  any manual experience with soundmixing by bpm ( Beats per Minute ) ? Or do you use the automatic soundmixing programms ?

I stay away from the auto, but honestly don't do that much beatmatching by ear either. I focus on vibes and let the bpm rise and fall as it may, but if it happens to be close i'll try a little more of a blend here n there. just my approach

• Thanks 1