Introduction

jubilee333

Good luck.

Hope you buy them.

If you want them to produce more bass

1. Put them in room corners -- try all the way in and part way in.  To prevent mid/high wall reflections, put something sonically absorbent, 2 feet square on each side wall, where a yardstick pressed flat across the front of the mid/high horn section of the cabinet would hit the wall, and 2 feet farther out into the room than that (Thanks to Chris A. for this idea).  This works well for me:  image.png.fa8e283ac24072a45bc6335374d4ef18.png
  2. Make sure there is a bass control on your receiver (or preamp or integrated amp), and pump it up a bit for hip hop, unless Emile is in the neighborhood.
  3. Just an opinionSome of your music deserves to be in the 90 to 95 dB range.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hahaha 😄 Yep, I got em guys. Along with the Kenwood (and yes, the speaker wire 😜) Thank you so much for all the help! They sound great, much clearer and more detailed than anything I've been accustomed to. Volume was indeed increased several times. Bass definitely hits the spot, and with much less distortion than I was getting with my previous system. Cannot wait for their party debut. Safe to say I'm hooked. It's only time between me and you all now 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Good stuff baby... congrats!

Come on man "Baby???"  Her husband is HUGE!!!  😂  😂   

1 hour ago, jubilee333 said:

My ultimate prima nocta bass test 😁 

That ain't nuttin "honey."  hahahaha  These guys are NUTS in a very good way.  :)

All joking aside, I think we're all pleased that you found something to fill that void and scratch that itch.  We knew you wanted the horns so I nominated Emile and he stepped up.  These guys in here are the best so don't bail and run cause you have something that "works."  It takes time hence my patience quote  You'll be amazed with this place.

Got a couple threads going you might like.  Vinyl record spinning, youtube spinning and a couple more.  Don't be a stranger.  We're all here to share PWK's work and our love of music.

Keep us posted here.  These guys are all reading this cause they're sneaky like that.   Hip Hop?  Seriously?  😂  😎  Emile loves it though!  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, jubilee333 said:

Hahaha 😄 Yep, I got em guys. Along with the Kenwood (and yes, the speaker wire 😜) Thank you so much for all the help! They sound great, much clearer and more detailed than anything I've been accustomed to. Volume was indeed increased several times. Bass definitely hits the spot, and with much less distortion than I was getting with my previous system. Cannot wait for their party debut. Safe to say I'm hooked. It's only time between me and you all now 😁

Congrats, June! I started with La Scalas and the bug hit pretty hard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

All joking aside, I think we're all pleased that you found something to fill that void and scratch that itch.  We knew you wanted the horns so I nominated Emile and he stepped up.  These guys in here are the best so don't bail and run cause you have something that "works."  It takes time hence my patience quote  You'll be amazed with this place.

Got a couple threads going you might like.  Vinyl record spinning, youtube spinning and a couple more.  Don't be a stranger.  We're all here to share PWK's work and our love of music.

Keep us posted here.  These guys are all reading this cause they're sneaky like that.   Hip Hop?  Seriously?  😂  😎  Emile loves it though!  :)

Not to worry, I'll definitely be around! I couldn't have anticipated how warm a welcome would be in store for me here, you guys are great! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mungkiman said:

Congrats, June! I started with La Scalas and the bug hit pretty hard.

7 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Great to hear June! Maybe You will share some pictures of what You got with us? 

And: "You´re one of us now!!" *mad giggle*

13 minutes ago, billybob said:

Thank you all!  Yes, pics to come soon 😊

• Like 4

13 hours ago, jubilee333 said:

Definitely stay away from this one Emile

Haha; thanks for the warning. Yes, played the first minute of this. And they label this as music??? Going to play Tschaikowsky's 1st violin concerto (at 110dB's) to get this out of my mind :)

• Haha 3