Yeah, why?

Jeff Matthews

You may look at it that way.  Interesting that suddenly you want to change what you had previously defended.  I didn't directly accuse you of hypocrisy either, but pointed out the direction of the logical progression of thought.  so how exactly do you propose to change these heinous laws that allow employers to be rather, well, fascist?

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Ah!  Now, we're getting to the crux of the issue.  You are correct as regards "the law."  What you fail to observe in your accusation that I am a hypocrite is that some of the greatest advances in civil rights have come about from changes in the law from people who said basically, "The way it's working is unfair."

Unfair.  So classic innit?  Unfair to employers?  To whom?  The worker?  Damn Jeff, you may become a Trotskyite yet.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

Right.  The ACLU used to champion that approach.  Not anymore.  The ACLU is for the collective.

Do you have somewhere you wish to go with this or is a scattergun approach your MO?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Well, we could start with one simple change.  "Thou shalt not fire an employee for refusing to take the jab."  

LOL.  The hunt and peck approach.  But otherwise, let's keep the rest of fascist policy in place.  You can be fired for anything else.  You're killing me man!  Smiling big time.  Human rights!  Best entertainment in a while, thanks.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, geezin' said:

Do you have somewhere you wish to go with this or is a scattergun approach your MO?

Imo, it's the latter....

30 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

LOL.  The hunt and peck approach.  But otherwise, let's keep the rest of fascist policy in place.  You can be fired for anything else.  You're killing me man!  Smiling big time.  Human rights!  Best entertainment in a while, thanks.

45 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Somehow, you've changed.  You strike me now as a defeatist without an opinion (other than everyone else's opinion is hypocritical or uninformed).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Somehow, you've changed.  You strike me now as a defeatist without an opinion (other than everyone else's opinion is hypocritical or uninformed).

You have changed from a rational and logical thinker to a shill for the latest talking point.  We all had to have multiple vaccinations to attend school for an elementary education (k through 12).  All of a sudden now one more is a problem.  Every leader has taken it, and most pundits have too despite what they spout on air.

Several of those who did not have died from it.  To me, that is defeatist, but everyone's mileage varies.

• Thanks 2