Very disturbing what is happening in some of our large cities.

henry4841

61 years living in NYC, the wife and I pulled the plug this summer. The city is in the worst shape in my lifetime, which includes the bad old 70’s. Between the filth, the homeless, the junkies and the criminals, I was never so cautious going around the city over the last year.  You should not be afraid to walk around the city you live in, but that is the reality of the situation right now. We all know who to blame. 

• Like 1

I do not understand why one would think this thread would be locked. Everyone should see what is happening in some of our big cities. I live in a small town and what I would call a safe  one but I did have to work in a large city on the worst section of town. Never did I see such filth and drug addicts out in the open walking around like zombies. City officials should be ashamed no matter who is in charge. I would not call this political no matter who or what party is in charge. Something should be done or our big cities are lost. I do and have visited Atlanta which I would call a big metropolitan city and I never saw such happening as what is shown in the video. 

From what some have said they must consider what is happening as the norm now. Lost souls is what I see with no future but the grave. 

2 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

I do not understand why one would think this thread would be locked.

Because it's not Ginger vs. Mary Ann?  Oh wait, who remembers how Dawn Wells died?  oops.  How about digital vs. vinyl?  

• Like 1

Hopefully no one took my post as being political. That was not my intention with what I posted and hopefully these post will stay civil and respectful. I’m one of the lucky ones that lives near some large cities and here we did not and isn’t getting hit with as much
Of the B/S that’s going on in other large states and cities. People should try to learn how to be civil and respectful to each other

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

And who would that be?

Well in NYC that would be Mayor Bill DeBlasio. The single worst mayor in the history of the city, and that’s saying something. 

It's not political. As population grows so will problems. Just how it is. The human condition is as it's always been just more of it 'cause there's more of us. Politics inhibits (some would say prohibits) the ability to improve things because someone is always going to object for one reason or another.

Do what you can personally to help another person and hope it spreads. All one can do honestly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RT FAN said:

61 years living in NYC, the wife and I pulled the plug this summer. The city is in the worst shape in my lifetime, which includes the bad old 70’s. 

the NYC 70's  was a ghetto zone   ,  fast forward to 2021 , nothing has changed  

image.png.8b9c5a72c67f8eb4b30f8eea3768577a.png

1 hour ago, henry4841 said:

Let's not get political or this thread will be locked. Not my intention. I was just shocked when I saw this video and thought I would share. 

Of course it's not but when you have incumbents "to  blame" while supporting  different government it CAN'T HELP but get political. Those out of power always have complaints and some happen to like defending the status quo when they agree with policy. It is political.

29 minutes ago, geezin' said:

...Politics inhibits (some would say prohibits) the ability to improve things because someone is always going to object for one reason or another.

Fwiw, I think the problem is strawmen, incivility, and not discussing things in good faith. Of course, it's also against the TOS and when violated the thread gets locked, we get chastised by dwilawyer, along with inspirational commentary that gets THE LOUNGE back to Dude Discussions 

29 minutes ago, geezin' said:

Do what you can personally to help another person and hope it spreads. All one can do honestly.

Makes sense to me.