Klipsch Heresy’s

Rowan611

GLWTS ---too bad , but they are quite far away --1985 - RAW BIRCH 

Are you saying these are from 1985? It’s definitely possible. Seeing as I was only 8 at the time. I honestly can’t remember if he bought them in Kansas before the move, or after. I’ll ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Rowan611 said:

Are you saying these are from 1985? It’s definitely possible. Seeing as I was only 8 at the time. I honestly can’t remember if he bought them in Kansas before the move, or after. I’ll ask.

yep , most definitely 1985  , you're lucky to have kept one the tags since I cant see any serial numbers engraved in the wood cabinet , and without the tag , one may have guessed 1983-84- or 85 -

this pair is one of the  last Heresy 1  speakers made , before the introduction of the Heresy II  ,  you can remove one the rear covers ,and look to see what the internal drivers are ------- these could be  K22 woofer, but the woofers actually look like the k 24 given the larger dustcap  -so either K53 midrange or k55M  midrange -K701 horn , k77M  tweeter  , and the B2 Network  

yep , most definitely 1985  ,  the last Heresy 1  speakers made , before the introduction of the Heresy II  ,  you can remove one the rear covers ,and look to see what the internal drivers are ------- these could be  K22 woofer or k 24 -K53 midrange -K701 horn , k77M  tweeter  , and the B2 Network  

I just asked my Dad, and he says he bought them in Alabama in the late 70s. Looks like I’ll have to open them up after all. I think he is misremembering.

1 minute ago, Rowan611 said:

I just asked my Dad, and he says he bought them in Alabama in the late 70s. Looks like I’ll have to open them up after.

the tag you are showing can be ---translated this way -so serial no 8536144----------the 85  determines the year ---the 3  indicates the week , so these were made in 1985 on the 3rd week of January  ,  the tag does also coincide with the speaker - HBR  -means Heresy raw birch , which is the finish of these speakers-

in the late 70's klipsch used to engrave the serial number in the top center , right above the woofer door , I dont see any engraving -klipsch stopped engraving speakers in the early 80's 

-if these speakers are indeed late 70's , then the drivers should be k-22 , k55V-K77 round or square magnet , and the E network --the midrange horn would have yo be the k-700 metal horn , versus the plastic k-701 

the tag you are showing can be ---translated this way -so serial no 8536144----------the 85  determines the year ---the 3  indicates the week , so these were made in 1985 on the 3rd week of January  ,  the tag does also coincide with the speaker - HBR  -means Heresy raw birch , which is the finish of these speakers-

in the late 70's klipsch used to engrave the serial number in the top center , right above the woofer door , I dont see any engraving -klipsch stopped engraving speakers in the early 80's 
-if these speakers are indeed late 70's , then the drivers should be k-22 , k55V-K77 round or square magnet , and the E network --the midrange horn would have yo be the k-700 metal horn , versus the plastic k-701 

All good to know. It also lines up with my memory of getting them at the PX on Fort Leavenworth.

5 minutes ago, Rowan611 said:

All good to know. It also lines up with my memory of getting them at the PX on Fort Leavenworth.

open the back panel of the Heresy speakers , you can tell right away , if you see the B2 network ,then these are 80's Heresies based on the tags on the crossover , if you see the B network , these are late 70's -

open the back panel of the Heresy speakers , you  tell right away , if you see the B2 network ,then these are 80's Heresies based on the tags on the crossover 

I will. Tomorrow. I spent the day moving boxes up stairs, into a truck, then into storage and other to donate. Lol. Thanks for your help Randy! Is my price fair?? I really don’t know.

the value  depends on which drivers , you will find  inside the speaker-and the condition of the speakers , everything counts -grilles -badges and scratches 

plus , if you have the K55M  midrange driver , the speakers are worth more than  the K53 midrange driver--  on the other hand  the prices of Heresies have soared lately -so it's a sellers market as we speak 

the value  depends on which drivers , you will find  inside the speaker-and the condition of the speakers , everything counts -grilles -badges and scratches 

plus , if you have the K55M  midrange driver , the speakers are worth more than  the K53 midrange driver--  on the other hand  the prices of Heresies have soared lately -so it's a sellers market as we speak 

I’ll open them up and see. Thanks again!!

5 minutes ago, Rowan611 said:

I’ll open them up and see. Thanks again!!

Sorry , but forum members are  not allowed to discuss prices on the klipsch garage sale  , it is restricted to PM 's -

thanks for your kind understanding 

15 hours ago, RandyH said:

Sorry , but forum members are  not allowed to discuss prices on the klipsch garage sale  , it is restricted to PM 's -

thanks for your kind understanding 

@Rowan611, I am in the Minneapolis area and have been "redecorating" my Klipsch inventory lately.  I'm too new here to PM, though.  If you want some numbers, PM me and I can answer.

There is this thread, too:

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Rowan611 said:

I will. Tomorrow. I spent the day moving boxes up stairs, into a truck, then into storage and other to donate. Lol. Thanks for your help Randy! Is my price fair?? I really don’t know.

You can ask for pricing help in here, as this is your listing. I think @terrier has some information, and he can post that in here as well since you are asking for feedback on price.

What we try and avoid, at all costs, is people giving unsolicited opinions on pricing. That isn't the situation here. 

Some people ask for help on pricing in the general section of the Forum, others, ask for help in  their listings in Garage Sale, it is totally up to you how you want to do it.

If you like I can move this entire thread to "General Questions" section of the Forum, and then you can relist it back here in Garage Sale when you have the information you want, or you can leave it here and get feedback. You can can also edit the title of your post to add "Need Help with Pricing." 

Travis

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rowan611 said:

Terrier offered up some advise. And, it seems like his thoughts on my price are correct. I’ve got to decide if I want to sell these for significantly less.

did you take pictures of the Drivers inside the speaker , that would allow me to give you a selling price recommendation 

Since still talking price, if not put speakers on Craigslist or other, if no interest here. You'll find out their worth. If firm on price, you may have to rethink.

Should sell rather quickly.

BTW, ebay not a real good indicator of price.

No need to open them...

Thanks!

I just wanted to say that I had the privilege of meeting Rowan611 today when I purchased two THT subwoofers from him.  Great guy and while I didn't get a chance to check these Heresys out I'm sure whomever ends up with them will be very pleased!