Klipsch Heresy’s

Rowan611

I just wanted to say that I had the privilege of meeting Rowan611 today when I purchased two THT subwoofers from him.  Great guy and while I didn't get a chance to check these Heresys out I'm sure whomever ends up with them will be very pleased!

Thanks wuzzzer….great to meet you. Enjoy those THTs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Still for sale. But, I sold my 1299s today and I’ll be using these for my center for the time being. I can open them up later tonight and see what the internals are (they’re in my theater now).

Happy to discuss offers also. I’ll get the driver info in a bit.

• Like 1

the value  depends on which drivers , you will find  inside the speaker-and the condition of the speakers , everything counts -grilles -badges and scratches 

plus , if you have the K55M  midrange driver , the speakers are worth more than  the K53 midrange driver--  on the other hand  the prices of Heresies have soared lately -so it's a sellers market as we speak 

Looks like the k53.

Internals

953927eb7b689594a99dd57e06127485.jpg

ffde1e74dbc5bfe8dd40e0bb08645617.jpg
9461c648dda0261de4dd070c6f957f85.jpg
8f38d1e2f6a4ddbd1c0e45862f6b3d92.jpg

6 hours ago, Area 51 said:

Hi M_Klipsches!

Would you be kind enough to detail which internals constitute your H1.5 Heresy, please?

Mine, internally are the same as Rowan611’s. Honestly when I bought my ‘83s I had no idea there was any internal difference between those and the pair of 1980 H1s that I’d owned for years. I just thought they sounded better, more bass, a smoother and more balanced sound.  Honestly, I thought it was in my head. I owned them for a couple of years before I opened them up, and saw they had different parts. Then I remembered hearing about the “H1.5”, and I realized, that must be these. 

Thank you. I appreciate your help. Rowan611 and you have:

K-22-K Woofers

K-53-K Mids or Squawkers

K-77-M Woofers (though I see K-77. I don't know where the "M" comes from).

Type E-2 Networks

and that makes a Heresy 1.5

This is all new to me.

My recently acquired "Mystery" Heresys have:

K-22-E Woofers

K-55-V Mids

K-77-M Tweeters

Type E Networks

No Tags and the Serial Number digits are illegible. The young man I bought them from has no idea. Do I understand Randy correctly: this combination would mean they were manufactured in the late '70s? And that would mean they are Heresy 1s? And you, M_Klipsches, have both and prefer the sound of the 1.5s. And Randy feels the K-55-V Mids make these more "valuable" than those speakers with the K-53-K Mids? It probably doesn't matter to me because I probably won't be selling any time soon but I wonder why one "Squawker" might be "worth" more or less than the other?

Thanks again,

geo

Area 51

On 11/15/2021 at 12:57 AM, Area 51 said:

Thank you. I appreciate your help. Rowan611 and you have:

K-22-K Woofers

K-53-K Mids or Squawkers

K-77-M Woofers (though I see K-77. I don't know where the "M" comes from).

Type E-2 Networks

and that makes a Heresy 1.5

This is all new to me.

K-22-E Woofers

K-55-V Mids

K-77-M Tweeters

Type E Networks

No Tags and the Serial Number digits are illegible. The young man I bought them from has no idea. Do I understand Randy correctly: this combination would mean they were manufactured in the late '70s? And that would mean they are Heresy 1s? And you, M_Klipsches, have both and prefer the sound of the 1.5s. And Randy feels the K-55-V Mids make these more "valuable" than those speakers with the K-53-K Mids? It probably doesn't matter to me because I probably won't be selling any time soon but I wonder why one "Squawker" might be "worth" more or less than the other?

Thanks again,

geo

Area 51

Those components sound like the ‘70s through early ‘80s Heresys. Pics might help. But the serial numbers would be the best info. Maybe start a thread with detailed pictures would yield some answers. Obviously components can be swapped, cabinets can be built/rebuilt. One thing, you use the word illegible for the serial numbers. Maybe try to take a piece of paper and pencil or charcoal and try to take a rubbing that might reveal the mystery. Another place to look is the upper left side, look for an initial or two there. Those are the builder’s initials. That could narrow the time frame. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing pictures. 

1 hour ago, M_Klipsches said:

you use the word illegible for the serial numbers.

Thanks! One cabinet is simply "illegible". The other, with a little guesswork, looks like (maybe) 9 9 U 1 7 (9)?  And, in the upper left corner maybe "H" ?

I recall seeing a "how to" post pictures on the forum but I don't remember where I saw that. Is there a dumbed down "For Dummies" version available?

19 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

Thanks! One cabinet is simply "illegible". The other, with a little guesswork, looks like (maybe) 9 9 U 1 7 (9)?  And, in the upper left corner maybe "H" ?

I recall seeing a "how to" post pictures on the forum but I don't remember where I saw that. Is there a dumbed down "For Dummies" version available?

Excellent. Your speakers were made in 1980. If that letter in the corner could be an “A”, then like my 1980s they were built by fellow forum member #hdbrbuilder. If it’s an “H” I’m sure he’d know who built them. I hope I’m not taking too much focus from Rowan611’s potential sale. Then again, I suppose a thread bump only helps.

2 hours ago, M_Klipsches said:

K-22-E Woofers

K-55-V Mids

K-77-M Tweeters

Type E Networks

I have pictures on my iPhone which verify the above info. Unfortunately, the smart phone is a whole lot smarter than I am. I am embarrassed to admit I don't know how to get those pics from the phone to the forum.

2 minutes ago, M_Klipsches said:

I hope I’m not taking too much focus from Rowan611’s potential sale.

I'm sorry. I certainly don't want to interfere with a sale. Thanks for your help, M_Klipsches. Good luck with your sale, Rowan611!

(I'm not going to complete the message I was about to post since most of my questions regarding Heresy "heritage" were answered).

• 1 month later...