KLF 20 Amp/receiver

Wkatsiotis

Hey y’all, I recently had a post about acquiring some KLF 20s and after having them for a few weeks now I have to say I’m very happy finding them on Craigslist for under $300. The guy I bough them from had a lot of other stuff so I picked up his Denon AVR-3806 which runs 120 wpc and seems pretty nice for the $50 he wanted. I’ve heard a lot of hate on modern receivers like this though and I just want to hear if anyone thinks I need something better to hear the full capability of these speakers. Keep in mind I’m using them in a medium-small room on their own (no sub or anything). Thank you in advance for any replies, and if anyone has experience with similar or the same era denon amps I’d love to hear your feedback. 

2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

If you don't plan on expanding to surround sound you can always try an integrated amplifier out.  They don't have any of the extraneous video and soundfield processing that you won't be needing.

Do you think the amp I have will suffice though? I only use it in stereo or pure direct mode and don’t bother with any of the Dolby or other settings

3 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

If you don't plan on expanding to surround sound you can always try an integrated amplifier out.  They don't have any of the extraneous video and soundfield processing that you won't be needing.

30 minutes ago, Wkatsiotis said:

Do you think the amp I have will suffice though? I only use it in stereo or pure direct mode and don’t bother with any of the Dolby or other settings

yes , that's right 

5 hours ago, Wkatsiotis said:

Of course it will work, but stereo sound quality will be compromised some.

As good as my RF-63s sound in stereo driven by my NAD pre-pro/Acurus A200 combo, they sounded better driven by my Yamaha A-S1000 integrated stereo amp, same room, same placement.

Bill

• Like 1

Like all good horn speakers they are very transparent and return the sound quality  of the upper chain. In many years I have used pre and amp Mc Intosh, Audio Research, Threshold and now Conrad Johnson, I noticed that the best you give them ,the best they give you back👍

On 10/9/2021 at 8:21 PM, Wkatsiotis said:

Hey y’all, I recently had a post about acquiring some KLF 20s and after having them for a few weeks now I have to say I’m very happy finding them on Craigslist for under $300. The guy I bough them from had a lot of other stuff so I picked up his Denon AVR-3806 which runs 120 wpc and seems pretty nice for the $50 he wanted. I’ve heard a lot of hate on modern receivers like this though and I just want to hear if anyone thinks I need something better to hear the full capability of these speakers. Keep in mind I’m using them in a medium-small room on their own (no sub or anything). Thank you in advance for any replies, and if anyone has experience with similar or the same era denon amps I’d love to hear your feedback. 

Are you happy with the way your system sounds? Is there something you feel is lacking?

If not then there is absolutely noting wrong with what you have now.