KG4 8” Woofer Removal Question

theschwill

Hi all I’m attempting to remove the 8” woofers from my KG4s for diagnosing an issue and replacing two of them. I have removed the 12” passive radiator for access, the tweeter, and disconnected all of the wiring. I cannot get the 8” free at all. I tried pushing the driver out by the magnet and can’t get it out. Are they glued in place? They won’t budge. Any suggestions?

I couldn’t find an answer here and the only real related post on AK wasn’t answered.

Thanks

11 hours ago, theschwill said:

Hi all I’m attempting to remove the 8” woofers from my KG4s for diagnosing an issue and replacing two of them. I have removed the 12” passive radiator for access, the tweeter, and disconnected all of the wiring. I cannot get the 8” free at all. I tried pushing the driver out by the magnet and can’t get it out. Are they glued in place? They won’t budge. Any suggestions?

I couldn’t find an answer here and the only real related post on AK wasn’t answered.

Thanks

, a previous owner may have used glue between the woofers and the cabinet   ,   and no the woofers were not glued at the factory -the 3 pictures here below show that the woofers come off simply by removing 4 screws -

31fe96e5a213f0ef78ca56e22f454c7f.jpg

Klipsch KG4 K-8-K woofer

Klipsch KG4 K-8-K woofer

many times they get stuck, try pushing harder on the magnets or very carefully prying around the frame to break the seal the gaskets can create after many years.  they will come out, cant see why anyone would glue them in, the screws hold them in securely... unless the screw holes were stripped at some point.