Peter Pan vs. Jif

oldtimer

14 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Typical thread drift in 2 posts.

C'mon man....  you keep starting these threads while holding back on the MEGA thread.....

The one about Miss Jane Hathaway verses ?????

The suspense is killing me.

19 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

What I can't figure out is why this thread even exists ... Skippy wasn't listed as one of the choices, so apparently this is exclusionary.  Not to mention those allergic to peanuts that are being terrorized by this peanut discussion. Why should a person who, through no fault of their own, has a peanut allergy basically have it thrown in their face by those unsympathetic to their plight. Peanut Butter PTSD is a real thing!  So Klipsch hates those with peanut allergy is what I'm taking away from this discussion. By the time I get back from my meeting with the therapist I'll probably have forgiven you all though. 

So do you prefer yours on crackers verses bread?  I mean, if you're going to go into anaphalatic shock, may as well throw some saltines into the mix, no?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Coytee said:

C'mon man....  you keep starting these threads while holding back on the MEGA thread.....

The one about Miss Jane Hathaway verses ?????

The suspense is killing me.

Miss Jane Hathaway vs..... Abstinence 

One vote for abstinence here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

So do you prefer yours on crackers verses bread?  I mean, if you're going to go into anaphalatic shock, may as well throw some saltines into the mix, no?

Given the option, I'll take bread (although I honestly can't recall the last time I ate a piece of bread ... been close to two years I'll bet -- flour tortillas replaced bread, any food you can wrap in a tortilla is a good meal).

not a cracker guy either. Yeah, I'm kinda boring. 

• Haha 1

I hear ya, when "they" ruined the shortening bread changed for the worse @BigStewMan. Now frozen yeast rolls are still the same & I buy `em at the warehouse. Skippy has less sugar but if Jif has the better price then I'll get that. Good protein when the pecans and leftover meat are gone.

• Like 1

My father worked at Proctor & Gamble (P&G) in Cincinnati when P&G first produced Jif.  IIRC, Jif’s label mentioned the inclusion of honey, and it was called peanut spread, rather than peanut butter, due to the honey.  That’s all gone now; no longer any mention of honey in Jif peanut butter.

FYI, P&G sold Jif to Smuckers.  FWIW, we usually buy Jif, but we own stock in Smuckers, so I must recuse myself.

9 hours ago, billybob said:

Sure it's online but old western she was in...Oregon.

Inspirational no doubt...

May have been a looker in her hayday. 

Played Plain Jane on the plain.

IMO, Nancy Kulp was an interesting person (LTJG in USNR), but a “looker,” I think not.  Ms Kulp is on the right.

36F52D31-1F71-4F92-A26A-CBDC51A52737.jpeg

• Thanks 1