Duh Raiders….

jimjimbo

I was born in the shadow of the Oakland Coliseum. 

I didn't think he was a good coach to begin with; but, I'd like to know if those emails reflected who he "is" or who he once "was."  Makes a difference to me, "am" I a drug addict and still should be treated as such, or was I "once" a drug addict that has changed his path in life?  I think where a person is in their own life will determine how a they answer that question. 

Being a Chiefs fan from KC originally, I have been raised with a certain loathing for all things Raiders. But, I kind of feel for the team and absolutely hate what this does for Gruden's future. Not apologizing in any way for what he communicated at all. But, having experienced my share of having to eat humble pie, he has some really long days ahead for him of reflection, regret, but tremendous potential for personal growth. But no matter where he goes or what he does in life, there will likely be people who will always remember this moment in his past and hold it against him regardless of what he does to grow as a person. And that is sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was kind of impressed that he (as best I know) resigned near immediately.  I view that as taking some ownership of his actions.

I can list a L.O.N.G. list of names of people who we could only wish had that kind of integrity.

• Like 2

I grew up in Cincinnati, the suburbs of Kentucky.  I said and thought things for which I’m now ashamed.  The fact that I have “sinned” does not preclude me from calling out others for racist, sexist, mysogonistic, homophobic, etc., remarks.  

19 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I grew up in Cincinnati, the suburbs of Kentucky.  I said and thought things for which I’m now ashamed.  The fact that I have “sinned” does not preclude me from calling out others for racist, sexist, mysogonistic, homophobic, etc., remarks.  

I totally understand where you're coming from Neil.  I just have a hard time busting someone's chops for something I've done myself.  As stated above I'm about as far from perfect as you can get.  Doesn’t change the fact that what he did was wrong but I have trouble piling on.  I also have an issue with the NFLs double standard but that's another thread all together. 

• Like 3

On 10/12/2021 at 6:34 AM, CECAA850 said:

Let those amongst you that have not sinned cast the first stone. 

Fwiw, I don't consider myself a sinner. 

6 hours ago, DizRotus said:

... The fact that I have “sinned” does not preclude me from calling out others for racist, sexist, mysogonistic, homophobic, etc., remarks.  

I can dig it!