Duh Raiders….

jimjimbo

19 hours ago, DizRotus said:

The fact that I have “sinned” does not preclude me from calling out others for racist, sexist, mysogonistic, homophobic, etc., remarks.  

yeah; but why would you want to?  isn't the man losing his career and his reputation and all of that affecting his wife and children enough ... has he not suffered until he feels scorn on a public forum?  

I take no joy in the downfall of any person. They may be the vilest of people; but it is still a shame and I find no joy in celebrating that. 

• Like 3

I did the research and offer the following:

How do I become a wordsmith?

Become a Wordsmith

1.  Use a simple word rather than a fussy word or a word cluster. Example:  "She will assist you presently" or "He is not available at this time."

2. Be thoughtful in your use of adverbs and adjectives. Is the word repeating something that is already evident?

3. Little qualifiers weaken a sentence. 

27 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I did the research and offer the following:

How do I become a wordsmith?

Become a Wordsmith

1.  Use a simple word rather than a fussy word or a word cluster. Example:  "She will assist you presently" or "He is not available at this time."

2. Be thoughtful in your use of adverbs and adjectives. Is the word repeating something that is already evident?

3. Little qualifiers weaken a sentence. 

Good job! 

On 10/12/2021 at 6:34 AM, CECAA850 said:

Let those amongst you that have not sinned cast the first stone. 

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Impressive. 

Edit.  Its hard to reply to that without bringing religion into the discussion. 

I can dig it. Word as they say. :)

• Like 1

All are not created equally, and all are not judged by the same standard(s). If you haven’t noticed this, you haven’t been paying attention. 

As for Bible verses, this one comes to mind:

To whom much has been given, much will be required.

Once upon a time, I was going to see the Raiders play the Broncos on a Monday Night Game in Oakland. I take the BART instead of driving. I get off at the coliseum stop and when I'm going down the escalator to the ground floor, everyone you see is wearing silver and black. Then I hear this loud booming voice yell "You'd better hope that your team loses."  I look and at the bottom of the escalator stands this scared looking guy wearing a bronco jersey. As I walked by, I heard him tell his friend "I'm not going to say a thing."   I laughed and thought "good idea."   

• 3 weeks later...